It would explain why he wasn't fighting back. He couldn't. Even though I knew he took wolfsbane as a way of building immunity, the fact that he couldn't fit back against Teddy Pike rammed home a terrifying reality. Wolfsbane was the plant from hell, and it packed a wallop. It would have to take a lot more in order to render Bennett defenseless.

"Fucking bastard! You injected him with wolfsbane!"

Pike chuckled coldly, locking gazes with me. He was enjoying toying with me knowing damn well I was fucking possessive of my mate.

"How else am I supposed to make him compliant enough to have some fun? I don't about you, but it's been too long since I've fucked his tight ass." he retorted. Something in me snapped and I gave up all restraint on the beast that dwelled inside.

The only thing that mattered was mutilating the fucker so badly that not even the ferryman would be able to recognize him in death. I wanted to taste his blood so badly that I charged forward, giving in to the animal instinct that said to kill the bastard for touching what was mine.

It drove me crazy knowing that Pike had touched my mate like that.

Pike moved away as I stomped toward them. He was ready to fight even if he did have a smug smirk on his face. He knew how riled I was and what this entire situation was doing to me. For a brief moment, I wondered if this is what Beehive had meant when he said I needed to learn control because they would purposely provoke me.

I had to hand it to Pike. He's doing an excellent job meeting an early grave.

As Pike stepped away, turning to face me, Bennett slid down the wall breathing heavily and trembling something terrible battling for control. I saw clearly, the tears that gathered and threatened to spill. There was a large part of me that wanted to go to him. To comfort him and let him know that he was safe. But there was a small, nagging voice that screamed at me to deal with Pike first, and take my sweet time afterward caring for my mate. As much as it pained me to see Bennett this way, maybe he could hang on for two minutes while I dispose of trash.

Pike stepped forward, the gloating smirk vanishing immediately as my palm came up to meet his nose. I felt and heard the satisfying crack before pulling my hand away to see blood already popping out of his busted nose. I smirked.

Learned that one from Beehive!

Pike growled, touching his nose. He cursed under his breath when he pulled his hand away from his face seeing the red liquid that coated it.

"You'll pay for that."

Just fucking try me, bitch! This cunt touched my mate and now has the balls to threaten me? The nerve of some people!

He swung wildly and I dodged feigning right making him lose his balance. Ramming my knee into his gut, I grabbed hold of his wrist twisting his arm painfully behind his back and shoving him forward. Pike stumbled against the stalls, the door to one flying open inward making him fall through.

How I wish he'd fallen, and the toilet had been filled with shit. Instead, the bastard got back up and came running at me with the intention to spear through me. Once again, I sidestepped grabbing him behind the neck and pushing him forward. Pike went barreling head first into one of the sinks, the dull thud of his skull hitting ceramic echoing throughout the tiled room. It filled me with a sense of thrill hearing his pain-filled grunts and that he was making it super easy to literally, bust his head open.

"And you were supposedly Tobias' fourth-in-command? What a joke! You can't even hold your own against me and you had to inject Bennett with wolfsbane just to gain the upper hand." I goaded him, and he growled back staggering to his feet. He swayed, pressing a palm to the side of his head checking for blood and possible wounds.