Tachibana Makoto --Tachibana Makoto was...--

Prompt: You and I

----

Tachibana Makoto was 6 years old when he first met you on a park. You were sitting on a swing, alone, hand gripping tight the chains as you wiped the tears from your cheek. He didn't understand why you cried at that time, but he soon found out you were lost when an older boy came rushing to you and hugged you close, saying how he was so worried.

You cried harder, hands fisted on his shirt.

He held you close and after a while you pulled away. He held your hand as the two you walk away from the park.

Tachibana Makoto didn't know who you were at that day. But he regretted not talking to you. So he promised himself he would talk to you if he happen to meet you again.

It didn't happen until you 6 years after.

Tachibana Makoto was 12 years old when he saw you again on the opening ceremony of his middle school. You stood two lines to his right, one row ahead of him and he realized that you had a nice [hair color] hair.

The principal soon congratulate a student who got the highest score on the entrance exam. When he called a name, you made your way up to the front.

When you stood in front of the whole school, Makoto couldn't help but feel amazed, if it were him, he would be a nervous wreck.

You deliver a short speech, a thank you for the principal, teachers, and support staffs, and a greeting to seniors and fellow classmates. But Makoto only listened to the part where you said your name.

[Full Name]

What a pretty name.

* * * * *

Tachibana Makoto was 14 when Shigino Kisumi said he had a crush.

A crush? Who? Him?

No way, that's impossible.

But his olive eyes darted around to avoid Kisumi's and his cheeks blared red when he realized he was looking at you. It turned even brighter when you looked at him and Kisumi's face suddenly became too close.

"Oooohhh!! I know who it is!" He said, way too loud and Makoto could feel his ears burned.

A laughter came from beside him and he turned once again to saw you laughing softly at him.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed." You said and Makoto never turned so red in his entire life before.

You weren't exactly the best of friends, but you had a few conversation with him that doesn't involve lessons and Makoto wished he could make you laugh like that on daily basis.

But God made it difficult for him to talk to you after that, with everything going around and he wondered was it because your laughter would make angels jealous.

* * * * *

Tachibana Makoto was 16 years old when you moved to Tokyo.

Nagisa--he didn't even want to know how did he knew Makoto had a crush on you--had pestered him to confess to you on your last week. He said if he didn't take the chance now, then when?

But he just couldn't do it. You had a lot on your plate at the moment. Moving up and the series of stuff you needed to do so Makoto said nothing but trying to help you as much as he could. Although the only thing he could do at the moment was to buy a strawberry milk from the cafetaria when Makoto was also heading that way.

Your last week of school in Iwatobi High ended in a flash. Your class threw a farewell party and almost everyone cried. They said they would miss you and Makoto wished nothing more than hugging you close and tell you he has a crush on you since years ago but all he did was handing out tissues to those who need it and say 'we'll meet again one day' like it was a prayer.

He wished he had understood the look you gave him that day.

* * * * *

Tachibana Makoto was 18 years old when he moved to Tokyo to enter a college. That was also the same year you met him again.

You were studying [Your major] on the same university as him and Makoto couldn't help the big smile on his face as he buried his face on his pillow once he got home.

Somehow, he was given a chance to be with you once again, he hoped this time he had the courage to talk to you more and maybe hang out more often.

* * * * *

Tachibana Makoto was 19 when he confessed to you and still 19 when you said you liked him back.

You two grew closer since last year. You went with him to watch Haru, Ikuya, and Asahi swimming competitions and torn between cheering for Haru and Ashi or Ikuya. But Makoto kept smiling and said just screaming for all three of them and that's what you did.

You went hang out with him, going places on your free time and Makoto realized he wanted to have that more often.

When you took him for a late night walk, Makoto agreed without a second thought.

You walked around your neighborhood, whispering secrets and gossips your heard from around you and went for a short stop to eat a bowl of ramen.

When you got tired, he offered to take you home and then you made your way back.

Makoto gave you a piggyback ride because your feet hurt. He rambled on tips how to make it better once you get back home and smiled as you wrapped your arms around him.

You joked that you didn't want to do it and instead ask Makoto to do it for you and he laughed, saying you're lucky he liked you and then he froze.

He blushed so hard his ears turned red. You laughed and peck his cheek. Well, he's also lucky you liked him back.

Makoto turned at you and his eyes screamed uncertainty as he asked if you really mean it. You said yes, I mean it and I like you too and the smile on his face was so big you never forget about it.