Miyuki Kazuya [Different]

Prompt: Demigod

Was running out of time so I decided to just write all and dump it on December 31, enjoy!

By the way, unlike others, this will be connected with Kuroo and Makoto's fic under the same title. I hope I do this prompt justice.

*****

Everyone knew Miyuki was different. He was a genius in both the field and outside of it, his steps calculated to the very last one, and more often than not brought his team to winnings. He regretted not using the most of his advantage during his second year, and tried to make it up during his last year of high school.

Miyuki swept his eyes to the neighbouring locals who went to watch their practice from outside of the fence. Today, too, a lot of people came, throwing comments between them and sometimes even shouting encouragement to the players on the field. Most of them were men, but Miyuki could easily spot a familiar woman among them. Dressed casually with a cap over her head, her blonde locks tied in a ponytail. Miyuki held his gaze to her, knowing she did the same to him until he tore his gaze away back to the practice game.

Miyuki sighed in annoyance, looking up to the sky for a split of second before he positions himself on the batter box. Across him, Sawamura was grinning widely. Miyuki gripped his bat tightly and flung the ball away when it came to him, soaring through the sky and hit the board at the back.

He could felt the woman's gaze on him as he ran through the bases, completely ignoring Sawamura's cries from the mound. Ah, how annoying, today won't end well.

"Miyuki?" Shirasu asked when he noticed Miyuki staying back at the dugout. "What's wrong?"

"You can go first," the captain answered, "I'll stay here for a while."

Shirasu threw him a confused look, but nodded his head and walked away to the dorms.

Miyuki looked around the dugout, completely empty of players or equipment used to practice. The sun was starting to set, colouring the sky with orange hue. He took a seat on the dugout, leaning back and letting out a huge sigh.

"I'm pretty sure you can show up now."

A woman appeared beside him out of nowhere, sitting by his side. Normal people would have freak out, but Miyuki was never normal from the moment he was born. Turning to her, Miyuki noticed she had took off her cap and undone her hair, blonde locks framing her face as her grey eyes looked back at him.

The woman in front of him went by many names. Despite many didn't believe her existence in the modern world, her children in a certain camp in the States and Miyuki were a proof of her long lasting existence. To a lot of people, she was the Goddess of Wisdom, but to Miyuki, she was something else at the same time.

"Any reason you come all the way down here," he started, "Mom?"

Athena laughed at him, "Can I meet my son? You should be grateful I come down to here to meet you. Not every single of your brothers and sisters have meet me, Kazuya."

Miyuki sighed, "That's because I'm among the two demigods in Japan. You coming down here means that you need something. Please don't give me a quest or something, I have matches starting tomorrow."

"Three."

"What?"

"You are one among three demigods in Japan."

The captain straightened his posture, eyebrows furrowed. "There's another one? How old are they?"

"Same like you," Athena answered, "in fact you have the same birthday as him."

"He's 17," Miyuki deadpanned, "and how exactly I just knew about this know?"

"He lives on a seaside rural town, surrounded by water, but for now, he came to Tokyo for the first time. Tell him what it means to be a demigod to him, Kazuya. That's your quest."

Miyuki groaned at the thought. This was why he didn't like being different, hating the fact that he was half-mortal. The Gods, the entire of them not only his mother, tend to dropped things like this and expect their children to follow it. well, it's not like Miyuki could say no, but he had better things to do rather than teaching someone about the ins and outs of being a demigod. It wasn't pretty, Miyuki would hate to teach him about the kind of world they live in.

"Would that be all?" He asked.

Athena stood up, "Yes. Expect your friend to come see you tomorrow."

Miyuki closed his eyes tightly and looked away just in time as a bright light emitted from his mother. When he opened his eyes, he was alone on the dugout.

*****

Everyone learnt quickly to trust his judgment.

As comforting as it might be, having such big responsibilities was tiring for him at the same time. Miyuki was too used of not having full responsibilities that it was a bit hard for him to act like proper captain. But for today, he was glad that the strategy he told the team had lead them to their first won.

"You look tired."

Miyuki groaned at the voice. Turning around, he found a black haired male standing in front of him. Lips curled into a lazy smirk, and had he wasn't both tired and hungry, Miyuki would have tease the hell out of the chicken-like head.

"Oh, Gods, is it that time already?" He said.

In front of him, Kuroo laughed. "It sure is. You know the gist of it?"

Miyuki nodded, "Lady Athena came yesterday saying you would come."

"That makes it easy then. Come, tell your coach you're going somewhere. We have somewhere to be."

*****

Miyuki glared at the building in front of him.

"What are we doing in here?"

"Shush, hurry up," Kuroo entered the building, with Miyuki following close. He noticed a lot of people were inside the building, but more of them were watching in the swimming arena. "Come, I want to see him in action."

Miyuki furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but followed Kuroo to lean on the railings, ignoring the seats.

Kuroo pointed at someone already inside the pool holding the starting block. From the position, he's a backstroke swimmer. "Just watch."

The umpire blared a start signal, and the swimmers instantly dove into the water.

Miyuki watched them with a bored expression, but his eyes widened when the swimmer Kuroo pointed began taking a lead. The way he swam, the way he opened the water to make path for him, the way the water engulf him in a hug, it was completely different than any others. It was like seeing himself making strategy for his team, or seeing Kuroo for once using his legs until its full capabilities, an advantage only those with a Godly parent has. To see him moving in a water like that only lead him to one conclusion.

"That's Tachibana Makoto," Kuroo said. "Any idea who his parent is?"

"Poseidon," Miyuki whispered, "he's a child of a Big Three."