Kuroo Tetsurou -Birthday-

Prompt: Birthday
---------

“Kuro, you’re not going home?” Kenma poked his head to the gym, looking exhausted after Lev pulling him and make him toss for him for about an hour –which according to Kuroo, a record for Kenma.

“Wait a minute.” The black haired captain threw the ball to the air, preparing himself for a jump serve. Kuroo ran a bit before jumping, slamming the ball to the other side of the court, smiling at the sound effect. “I’ll tidy this up. Go wait outside.”

Kenma nodded and went outside the gym, his eyes wandered around for a minute before finally landed on Yaku. He made a big ‘X’ with both of his hands and shook his head, a signal that shows that Kuroo still inside the gym.

Yaku, who was hiding behind the bushes together with Nekoma Volleyball Club members, tched. Looks like they have to wait a little bit longer.

-----

Kuroo knew it faster than anyone else. Everyone has been acting strangely, even Kenma! He won’t get surprise at all if Lev or Yamamoto who suddenly has this smile stitched to his face 24/7 but if Kenma who almost never smile has this random little smile for unknown reason, even someone like Kuroo will get shocked!

There’s something wrong around him. And looks he’s the only one who doesn’t know it.

After taking a quick shower, Kuroo walked outside the gym, he patted Kenma’s hair lightly to show the younger male that he was ready and walked to the train station together.

The walk to their houses was filled with soft conversation. Only around volleyball, Karasuno and Nekoma, and the video game Kenma bought the other day. Nothing special, really.

Actually Kuroo wanted to ask about the sudden change on his childhood friend, but looking how serious he was on his game, Kuroo buried the idea on his head.

The next day and the day after yesterday were the same. Kenma, Lev, Yamamoto, along with other members would randomly giggle or smile for no reason. And Kuroo feels that he needs to know whatever it is.

At first he tried to simply forget it, but when suddenly no one show up for practice on Thursday, he was at his limit.

"Where are you guys??" He remembered screamed before he made his way to the main building.

Kuroo ran to his classroom, hoping to see Yaku when somethong else greet him. It was Kenma's phone. Confused, Kuroo took a look of it, opening and saw a message and from the contact name, it was Yaku.

'Find us.'

Kuroo almost throw the phone, if only he didn't remember it was Kenma's. Pissed off, he made his way around the school, searching for anyone who are wearing the same training clothes as him. He looked at the teacher's room, no one. He looked at his members' classrooms, no one.

Another message came from Yaku as Kenma's phone ringing. He open it, expexting to see something that could bring his teammtes back to practice. Kuroo doesn't care whatever his teammates are up to for the last few days, but they need to back to the practice now. He made a deal with Bokuto and of course he doesn't want to lose it.

Kuroo's eyes widened when he saw the message, it was from Kenma who were using Yaku's phone.

'Kuro, what makes you happy?'

The answer is always one. The anwer is always spiking the ball to the other side of the court. The answer is always spiking the toss Kenma gave to him. The answer is always... Volleyball.

Kuroo quickly look at the volleyball gym, suprised when he saw the door was slighlty open. He made sure he closed it before he left.

Kuroo brings himself to the gym. Standing there, not moving even his smallest muscles. Kuroo smirked when he saw a volleball rolled to his side, picking it up and then put Kenma's phone on his pocket.

Kuroo examine the ball in his hands. It was dirty and old, but feels so familiar with him. He looked at it again and realized that it was his first volleyball. The first volleyball he spiked, the first volleyball Kenma toss to him.

Walking to the gym, Kuroo was about to lecture his teammates when they shouted.

"SUPRISE!"

Kuroo stood still, only moving when Yamamoto and Lev stood in front of him and put wip cream all over his hair and face. Kuroo grabbed their hands before they put more cream, sending them his 'sweetest' smile. "Stop it or you can do extra practice for the rest of the week."

Yaku sighed, he hold the birthday cake as he shook his head. "I told you he won't like it." He looked at his captain, smirking, "Did you like the suprise? It was Kenma who planned it all."

It was Kuroo's turn to smirk, "Oyaoyaoya, really?"

"Yeah, when we asked him what to do for your birthday, he told us to pissed you off."

Kuroo laughed at that.

Yaku smiled and push the cake with candles on top of it. "So, are you going to blow it?"

"Don't forget to wish." Kenma remind him.

Kuroo flased them a smile, and then he leaned to the cake, blowing it after he made his wish.

He wished for-

~{>_<}~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KUROO OMG DO YOUR BEST CAPTAIN

Author's wish for Kuroo: I really want to see you fight against Karasuno in official match, so please make it happen!

-Mizushima Sena