Makoto Tachibana -The Boy with The Cute Smile-

You hate everything. This place, your new situation, and your soon-to-be school.

"Awwww... come on, don't make that face. You look cute with that uniform!" Your cousin, Mai, says. She pulls your cheeks, forcing a smile onto your face. "Don't let your face ruin it!"

Today is your first day at Iwatobi High. You don't want this actually. Sure, living with your cousin and uncle and aunt sounds fun, but it's not fun when your parents have to move because of their jobs and decide the best place for you to finish your high school is in Japan. But since they are still unsure with leaving you completely alone, they ask for your uncle and aunt to take care of you. So here you are, in your newly dubbed room in Iwatobi, glaring at your reflection on the mirror.

"It'll be fun!" Mai says again, she picks up her bag and give you yours, "you're gonna love it!"

"I don't know," you sigh as the two of you make your way downstairs, "I miss my old school, I guess."

Mai smiles at you, her lips pulling a line of happiness that somehow manage to calm you down. "I know it's hard. But give it a try, ok? I'm really excited to have my cousin on the same class as me."

"I know," you gave her a smile, "I'm sorry for being like that. Well, I do miss my old school. But you promised me it'll be fun so let's give it a try."

Mai grinned, vibrating with joy as she took both of your bags in one hand and your right on the other, practically pulling you through the door and onto the kitchen. "Let's eat then!"

"Wait—Mai! Slow down!"

* * * * *

Iwatobi high turned out to be exactly like you expected it. The air around the school was really nice, unlike your old school in Tokyo where you would only occasionally feel a breeze or two.

There were a lot of trees around, much more than in Tokyo and the temperature was colder as it was located near the sea.

You moved in when you were in third year and despite the cheerful cousin beside you say, you weren't planning on making friends with anyone other than her. You quite enjoy your days alone in Tokyo, might as well start another one here. After all, moving in the last year was always the worst year to move.

To your luck, you were in the same class as Mai. She couldn't stop brimming with happiness at the thought of it, while you were just happy that you don't have to move classes in order to hang out or eat lunch with her.

When the bell rang, Mai sat on her seat while you wait outside the door. When the teacher asked you to come in, you slide open the door and entered, closing it behind you.

You stood at the front, taking a big breath before you introduce yourself.

"My name is [Fullname]. I came from Tokyo and Nakahara Mai's cousin. It's nice to meet you."

After a chorus of 'nice to meet you too's rang across the room, the teacher asked you to sit down on your seat.

You waved a small wave at Mai as you sat before pulling out your books and pencils and swept your eyes over the class.

Some people looked already bored while some looked focused. You let your eyes wander until an olive haired male caught your attention. You stared at him for a few seconds, cheeks red when the male noticed you.

He looked up, confused before suddenly he smiled at you and gave you a little wave before he looked down once again, writing on his notes.

You pulled your gaze away from him, cheeks burning red.