Miyuki Kazuya [Color]

Prompt: Soulmate

*****

Miyuki lived in a monochrome world. To him, better it the sky, the grass, or even the color of his treasured mitt, all of them were nothing but black and white. He thought that's how the world was supposed to work. Talks about colors on media only confused him and he never bother to figure out what those people were talking about. Until he met Mei.

"It means that's how you meet your soulmate."

"Soulmate?"

"Yeah, like your parents. The person you're fated with. There are three ways on how to find them, mine is through the mark," the blonde haired pitcher rolled the sleeves of his shirt showing a mark of a wallow bird on his arm, "but yours is through colors?"

"Colors?" Miyuki asked, still laying down on the grass beside the baseball field.

"Yeah," Mei nodded, "my parents said you see stuff in black and white before you meet your soulmate. Once you meet them, you can see color like normal person."

Miyuki hummed at the thought. For him, the world was okay the way it currently was. "Is it pretty? The world with colors?"

"Yeah, it does."

"I see. Well, tell me about it then."

Mei grinned. He laid down beside Miyuki and began explaining the colors of the world. To be honest, if Miyuki remembered that day, it was pretty much pointless for Mei to explain colors to him. But Mei kept emphasizing on how pretty colors were, pointing the sky and everything around them.

Little Miyuki at that time wasn't bought with the idea of a person fated to be with you for the rest of your life. He was much more interested on the idea of a world of colors. He wondered what his favorite colors would be, would he hate the same color Mei hated, and wondered was it the sunset really was beautiful as people claimed. As a baseball player, Miyuki met a lot of people on daily basis, be it fellow players or spectators. He used to wish that somewhere among the crowd he could meet his soulmate just for the sake of seeing colors. On his free time, he used to wonder all over Tokyo, hoping to bump into someone that would allow him to see the world like others but even until the end of his second year of high school, the world was still monochrome to him.

On the first day of their third year of high school, Miyuki sat at the back of the class. Zoning out as their new homeroom teacher explained the gist of being a third year and what they should expect from it for the next one year. At the corner of his eyes, he could see Kuramochi grimaced, the best sign he could ever get that their homeroom teacher, who had been teaching them Math for the last 2 years, was using the ugly colored shirt once again.

"Now, last but not least, I would like to introduce you our new transfer student. She came from [Country Name], please help her as much as you can. [Last Name], you can come in."

The door slide open, letting a girl to walk inside. She stride in with confidence brimming her steps, lips curled into smile as she wrote her name on the black board before turning her attention to the rest of the class. At the same time, Miyuki tore his gaze away from the sky outside of the class window to the girl. Their eyes meeting in an instant.

"Arkh!"

"Arkhh!"

Out of sudden, pain blared from the back of his eyes, spreading to his head as his vision changed. The black and white were suddenly replaced with colors he couldn't recognize. It was too bright, a lot of things he couldn't understand attacking his eyes at the same time. Miyuki closed his eyes tightly, rubbing his forehead, vaguely he could hear something falling from the front of the class.

He tried to open his eyes, once again meeting a pair of orbs belong to the girl that he couldn't understand the color of. People shouted their names, and when the pain on his eyes subsided, the world turned completely black for the two of them.

*****

Miyuki might not learnt colors yet, but at least he knew the white of the nurse office ceiling.

His head wasn't pounding anymore and his eyes was slowly adjusting to the sudden change of his world. He looked around, at the nurse's table and found variations of colors there.

"You like it?" A voice from his right side said, "I was staring at that, too, as soon as I woke up. The nurse taught me some basic colors, and so far I don't know which one is my favorite."

On the bed beside him, Miyuki saw the girl earlier. The new kid from [Country Name], the person the universe apparently chose for him.

"You're [Last Name], right?" He asked.

You nodded your head, moving to face him so your feet dangle on the side of the bed. "Yes, and as it turns out we're soulmate, Miyuki-kun."

"How do you know my name?"

"The nurse told me. She also said you're the captain of the baseball team. That's amazing."

"Thanks," Miyuki grimaced as he rubbed his eyes. "I never thought meeting you soulmate could be this painful." He peeked at you behind his hand, "No offense."

You laughed, "None taken. Everyone were always talking about how beautiful the world is once you meet your soulmate but they never told us about the process, right? I was surprised too."

"You took this better than I am." Miyuki commented. He mimicked your position so the two of you were facing each other. "You know why?"

You shook your head. "No idea. But the nurse said it probably because you're tired. Did you went to practice before class, Miyuki-kun?"

"Yeah I did." Miyuki chuckled. "So, you familiarize yourself with colors yet?"

You nodded. You swept your eyes all over the room, Miyuki doing the same. "There's not much to see in here. Maybe I'll go around after school to see more."

Miyuki hummed. "Maybe I can help you with that." He pointed at a book on the nurse's table. "Do you know what color is that?"

You looked at it, trying to remember what the nurse told you earlier. "If I'm not mistaken it's [Eye Color]. You like it?"

"Yeah," the baseball captain nodded.

"Woah," your eyes sparkled. "That's fast. Any reason why?"

Miyuki thought to himself. Looking back from the book to you, more specifically to your eyes and finding them in the same shade of color. "Maybe because it's the same color as your eyes."

Your cheeks were tinted with an unfamiliar color. "We didn't even do proper introduction and you're flirting with me already? That's brave, Miyuki-kun."

Miyuki shrugged. "Can't help it, right? The universe just basically told us to stay together for the rest of our lives."

"You're okay with that?" A teasing smile appeared on your face, "what if you don't like my personality?"

"My friends told me I have a nasty personality," he threw back, "maybe we can learn to be better for each other."

You chuckled at him. "I like that very much."

"So," Miyuki extended his hand to you, "let's redo this. My name is Miyuki Kazuya."

You look at his hand to his face back and forth before reaching out and taking his hand in yours. "I'm [Full Name]."

"It's nice to meet you, soulmate."