Chapter 34: Lila 😤😡

Start from the beginning

Gabriel: Yes, yes. My sincere apology to your family from me.

Luka: Okay. 'Not easily convinced but at least there's something.'

Gabriel: I wanted to know if it's okay for you all to attend to my son's awakening and the funeral service.

Tom: Of course. When is the awakening and the funeral service?

Gabriel: We'll try to make it out next weekend. Saturday will be the awakening and Sunday is the funeral service.

Sabine: Thank you for that, Mr. Agreste.

Gabriel: My pleasure. I must be off. It was pleasant to meet with you and apologies for my son.

Tom: It's fine, Gabriel. Thank you anyway. *Gabriel gets up from the chair and walks out the door. *

Marinette: (confused) Huh, I never knew Mr. Agreste would ever come to our house before.

Sabine: Neither have I.

Tom: He is busy all the time. Maybe it's nice of him to drop by. 'Hopefully the last time.' I'm gonna go to the bakery. *Tom leaves the house and Sabine goes into the kitchen, while Marinette and Luka go upstairs. Outside, Lila saw Gabriel leaving Marinette's house, she's more confused than ever. *

Lila: (confused) What is Gabriel doing at the Dupain-Cheng's? This doesn't make sense. Time to call Luka. *She gets her phone out and calls him. Inside, Luka's phone rang. He gets it out and sees who's calling him. *

Luka: (Lila! Why is she calling me?) Hey, I have to take this

Luka: (Lila! Why is she calling me?) Hey, I have to take this. *He heads out to the balcony and answers the phone.* What, Lila?

Lila: (on the phone) Whoa, is that any way to speak to your girlfriend?

Luka: (on the phone, mad) We're not a couple, and I have a girlfriend.

Lila: (on the phone) It's not Marinette, is it?

Luka: (through the phone) Yes it's her, you better not do anything to her.

Lila: (on the phone, annoyed) I don't have to deal with her. I just want you. Look, I know I messed up on our past, but I changed. So... dump Marinette so we can start over.

Luka: (on the phone) Sorry Lila, not making that same mistake twice and keeping it that way too. So don't call me anymore, got it?

Lila: (on the phone, angry) Fine. Have a nice life! *Lila hung up and Luka sighed and he put his phone back. * You're gonna regret it, Luka. Bet on it.

Luka: Why did she have to call me? My life was so much better without her in the way

Luka: Why did she have to call me? My life was so much better without her in the way. Better tell Marinette the truth about me. *He stepped back into the bedroom. *

Marinette: Oh, you're back.

Luka: Yeah. So listen, there's something I have to tell you.

Marinette: We're breaking up, are we?

Luka: No, no, it's not that. I love you, don't ever think that again.

Marinette: Okay. What do you want to talk about?

Luka: I got a call from my ex.

Marinette: You had a girlfriend before me?

Luka: Yes. And my relationship with her didn't end well.

Marinette: What happened?

Luka: You know the name Lila?

Marinette:(angry) 'Lila? Why would she date Luka? Play it cool, don't attract an Akuma.' Yeah, I know her.

Luka: (rubbing the back of his neck) Well, she and I used to be together, but it didn't work out for both of us. Her lying split us up.

Marinette: I always knew she was a liar in the first place

Marinette: I always knew she was a liar in the first place. How long were you both together?

Luka: 2 years.

Marinette: 2 years?

Luka: Now she wants me to dump you so I can be with her.

Marinette: You didn't agree to it, did you?

Luka: (raised Marinette's chin) Of course not. I love you, you know what that is. She gets in my head all the time, but I ignore her til the end. But don't worry, she won't threaten you or anything. I promise.

Marinette: Okay

Marinette: Okay. I trust you. *Outside, Lila scowled at her phone and looked up too. *

Lila: Don't worry, Luka

Lila: Don't worry, Luka. You and I will be back together. I haven't told my mom about us splitting up. She doesn't know it yet. I'll have to get Marinette out of the picture and we'll be together again. *She then walked away with a devilish look on her face. *