19.

~ June 13, 2021 ~

Hallee grabbed her back pack and small carry on as she went up to her hotel room. She quickly changed and did her make up as she checked her watch. It was almost time for Chris' 40 birthday party. She hadn't been sure that she'd be able to go because she was with the Women's National Team. She had asked Scott to help her make it a surprise. He had, of course, agreed.

Hallee was used to dressing up and looking nice for her jobs, but this would be the first time in a long while she had gotten ready for a party. She chose a matching silver metallic crop top and high waisted pants. She paired it with slim strapped heels and a black clutch. She kept her make up light and simple before curling her hair.

From: Scott Evans
I'm in the lobby.

To: Scott Evans
Perfect! I just finished getting dressed. I'll be down in a second.

Hallee looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath before popping on her dark aviators. She grabbed his present out of her backpack. She walked to the elevator and hit the button for the lobby. She was excited to celebrate Chris' birthday. He had become one of her best friends very quickly. They hadn't seen each other in about a month and a half however because of their jobs.

"Hey, Hallee! You look great!" Scott grinned.

"Thank you! So do you!" She gave him a tight hug.

"Let's go!"

Hallee and Scott walked out to his car. He helped her into his car and shut the door. Scott hadn't been in Mass for a bit because of filming too so it was nice to just catch up with him. Hallee had never been to Chris' house in LA before, but it was lovely just as she expected. There were a handful of cars already there. Scott parked in the garage and helped her out of the car before opening the door.

"CHRIS! I'm here!" Scott opened the door part of the way and stepped in.

"Hey great!" Chris' voice floated over.

"I have a surprise too!"

"Oh god," Hallee could almost picture Chris rolling his eyes, "what did you do?"

"Happy birthday, Chris!" Hallee grinned and stepped up next to Scott.

"Hallee! Hey!" Chris grinned. He hugged her tightly lifting her off her feet.

"Hi!" She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You said you couldn't make it!"

"I know. I wanted to surprise you!" He set her down.

"Thank you. What a great surprise," he kissed her cheek quickly.

Hallee felt her cheeks flush briefly. Chris took her hand and walked around introducing her to his friends. She smiled as she met everyone, feeling a little star struck to be meeting actors like Robert Downey Jr. Chris made her feel comfortable though.

It was a lovely night. It was filled with laughs, drinks, jokes, and stories. She got along well with Chris' friends. Hallee was glad that she made the trip out to Los Angeles for the celebration. Chris kept her by his side pretty much all night.

"Thank you for an amazing night," Hallee gave Chris a hug.

"Thank you for coming!"

"Of course! I'm glad I came. I'm just going to call an Uber."

"Why don't you just stay?"

"Chris-"

"I have like 7 guest rooms, Hallee, it's no big deal."

"All my stuff is at the hotel, Chris. And I don't want to intrude."

"You're not intruding if I'm offering. I'd feel better if you weren't taking an Uber at 3 in the morning. You can borrow some of my clothes. I'll drive you back to the hotel and the airport tomorrow," Chris took her hand, "please stay, Hallee."

"Okay," she nodded slowly, "thank you."

"Thank you," he pulled her in for a hug.

Hallee and Chris ended up just watching TV and talking on the couch. She wore one of Chris' t-shirts and blushed when Chris told her she looked good. They talked about them and what they meant to each other. There was a definite connection and draw between. There always had been no matter how hard they tried to deny it, and they finally gave in.