10.

~ November 1, 2020 ~

"Have a good day, Sabs," Hallee hugged her daughter. Sabrina smiled before she skipped into preschool.

Hallee walked back to the car and drove home. She softly sang along to the radio until she got back home. Hallee popped Morgan out of his car seat and carried him inside while she tickled his tummy.

"Mama!" He giggled.

She sat him down on his play mat with TV in the background. Hallee sat down on the sofa with her laptop to get started on some work. She picked up her phone to see if there were any messages from Christian. The night before, he had scored the game winning goal against Barcelona in the 93 minute. Proud didn't even begin to touch on how truly ecstatic about it she was.

"Oh well," Hallee shrugged and opened up Twitter.

The 22 year old was not prepared for what she saw. All her mentions were tagging her in an article which showed Christian kissing another woman. That same woman was pictured going to his apartment building with him and leaving the next morning. That woman had also taken a picture of Christian sleeping shirtless and shared it all over.

Hallee's eyes welled up tears as she slapped a hand over her mouth. She instantly turned her personal phone off and grabbed her work phone instead. She immediately FaceTimed Alexia. Alexia picked up almost instantly. When she answered, Hallee could tell she was getting ready for a training practice.

"Hallee?"

"Have you been on Twitter today?"

"No. Why?"

"Christiancheatedonmelastnight."

"WHAT?! SHUT UP!"

"I can't!" Hallee began sobbing.

"Oh my god. I-I'll have Tom come over. I'll come to London so we can fly to Massachusetts together."

"Thank you," Hallee sniffled using her computer to unlock the doors.

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Tomorrow."

"I love you, Hals."

"I love you too, Ale."

There was a knock on the door. Hallee stood up and walked over. She looked to see who it was and saw Tom and Harrison standing there. She opened the door and was hugged tightly.

"Hey," Tom rubbed her back.

"Hi," she sniffled.

"Come on. Come on," Harrison shuffled them through the door and closed and locked it behind him.

"I-I," Hallee stumbled.

"Shhh. Don't talk," Harrison soothed, "I'll watch Morgan if you two want to talk."

"Thank you, Harrison."

Three hours later, Hallee and Tom were just sitting outside with beers, having talked through everything. She had ignored everything on her phone. She sighed and hugged her knees to her chest. Tom rubbed her arm. Harrison walked out to patio.

"Do you want me to go get Sabrina from preschool?"

"Yes please," Hallee nodded.

"Okay. I'll be back. Tom, I'm taking the car."

Hallee walked inside and picked up Morgan who was starting to yawn. Hallee walked upstairs to lay him down for a nap. She kissed his cheek and sighed. She tucked him in and walked back downstairs.

"What are you going o do, Hallee?" Tom asked handing her a glass of water.

"I have no idea," she rubbed her face, "maybe I'll figure it out while I'm with the national team."

Hallee never would've expected what would come next in a million years.