30.

~ May 19, 2022 ~

"There," Hallee smiled, "all set."

"Looks great! Chris will be so excited!" Shanna grinned.

"I hope so," Hallee bit her lip.

"8 know he will. My brother is so in love with you, you know," Shanna looked at her.

"I love him too. I never thought I'd be in a relationship again. I never wanted to fall in love again, but Chris is incredible."

"He's a great brother. I'm lucky," Shanna smiled.

"He's a wonderful man. I'm lucky to have him in my life," she placed her hands on her hips.

Shanna nodded and gave her a tight hug. Hallee heard the door open and perked up. She was excited to have Chris back in Massachusetts. The smile on her face fell a little.

"Hope I'm not late!"

"Oh, Clint," she waved.

"Don't sound so excited," he chuckled walking over to her.

"I thought you were Chris."

"I could tell," he kissed her forehead.

"How was training?"

"It went well. You ready to go to Montréal?"

"I'm actually not travelling with the team because I'm going to London to drop Morgan and Sabrina with Christian."

"Oh that's right," her brother nodded.

Halle sighed and forced a smile. She knew that it was important for Sabrina and Morgan to spend time with Christian, but she hated not having them around. The house always felt too big and too empty when they were away. She looked over at Sabrina and Morgan who were playing happily.

Clint must've sensed her sadness because he wrapped his arms around her tightly, "I'm sorry, bear."

"Don't be. This is my life," she shrugged.

"Wow! This is awesome!"

Hallee turned around and grinned. Chris was standing in the doorway with Lisa. She walked over to him slowly. Scott, Shanna, and Carly all beat her. They were talking excitedly to their brother. She hung back with Clint. Sabrina took Morgan's hand as they walked over to Hallee.

"Chris!" Sabrina exclaimed.

"Hey, Sabrina! Hi, Morgan!" Chris knelt down and gave them hugs, "how are you?"

"Good!" Morgan smiled.

"We missed you!" Sabrina added.

"I missed you both as well! Were you good for your mom?"

"Yes!" Morgan nodded.

"Yeah!" Sabrina agreed.

"They always are. Welcome back, Chris," Hallee smiled.

"Thanks, babe," he pulled her in for a hug and quickly kissed her, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," she took his hand.

"Uncle Chris!"

Chris kneeled down and hugged his nieces and nephews tightly, "hi!"

The rest of the afternoon was spent catching up with Chris. It was so great to have him back in Massachusetts. Hallee had missed him while he was in LA. She knew that he had a job that he loved, and she was so proud of him. She had seen him when they travelled out to LA to play LAFC which helped make the time apart seem not as bad.

They had a barbecue dinner before getting Sabrina and Morgan to bed. Hallee went downstairs and smiled when Chris walked over with a glass of wine. She accepted and took a sip. They walked hand in hand over to the sofa.

"I have missed you so much," Hallee placed a hand on his cheek.

"I missed you too," Chris kissed her palm, "I'm so glad to be back with you."