4.

~ December 2019 ~

Hallee sighed as the final whistle was blown. Not having a winter break was something she definitely missed about the Bundesliga—they would always take a vacation somewhere tropical during the break. They'd also go back to the States to see their families.

Christian has sat on the bench for a good 85% of the first part of the season. She was disappointed and a little worried about his lack of playing time.

"Daddy?" Sabrina asked.

"Yes. In a minute," Hallee nodded as she made sure Morgan was all set in his carrier.

"Are you okay?" Laura asked, "got everything?"

"I think so," Hallee looked around making sure she had her bag.

"Can we see Daddy?" Jade asked Laura.

"Right now!" She smiled.

They all went down to the Family locker room to wait for their husbands to come back. It would take Olivier longer to get there since he would probably be doing interviews and the post-match press conference since he scored twice. Christian would be able to go down right away.

Hallee sat down on the sofa and waited for Christian to come down. It was only a few minutes before Christian walked in with his bag. Hallee stood up and hugged him tightly. She kissed his cheek and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Daddy!" Sabrina held her arms up to Christian.

"Hi, sweetie," he leaned down and picked her up, "did you have fun?"

"Yes!" Sabrina nodded. She loved watching games.

"Did Morgan do okay?" Christian asked Hallee.

"Yes. He woke up and ate and then watched a bit before going back to sleep."

"Okay good."

"We'll miss you, Christian," Kepa walked over and hugged Christian.

"Come again?" Hallee asked folding her arms and raising an eyebrow at the Spaniard.

"We'll talk later," Christian said to Hallee.

"Okay," Hallee frowned as she walked over to say goodbye to Laura, Evan, and Jade.

After she said goodbye, she picked up Morgan's carrier while Christian carried Sabrina. It was a very quiet ride back to their house. Neither had anything to say. Hallee was worried about Kepa's words. Christian clearly didn't want to talk about it in front of Sabrina either.

It was a quiet night at the Pulisic house. After Sabrina and Morgan went to sleep, Christian brought up a couple of glasses of wine to their bedroom. Hallee was sitting in bed brushing out her hair.

"Here," Christian said.

"Thank you. So Kepa said they would miss you?"

"I'm being sent on loan to Ajax," Christian whispered.

"What?! When?! When was it decided?" Hallee clapped a hand over her mouth.

"I have two weeks. It was decided last week, but I only found out this morning," Christian ran his fingers through his hair. Halle set her glass of wine down on the night stand.

"Oh my god," Hallee started crying.

"It's just until the middle of May, and then we'll come back here to London," Christian pulled her in for a hug, "they play their last game on May 12–just like Chelsea."

"Christian," Hallee looked up at him, "I- I can't go with you."

"What?"

"My job, Christian. Mr. Kroenke was so kind to create this job for me. I can't let him or Clint or Richard down," Hallee ran her fingers through her hair.

"What about Sabrina and Morgan?"

"Morgan has to stay with me. He's only three months old, and Sabrina has pre-school. I can't uproot their lives."

"I understand. I'll miss you."

"We'll miss you too. But we'll make it work. Because it's us. And London is a lot closer to Amsterdam than Charlotte and Dortmund," Hallee forced a smile.

"I'll visit as often as I can."

"I know. I love you."

"I love you too, Hallee."