Part 7

Ukai

'Gosh! Why don't people know when to leave me alone!? Can't you see I went up there to be alone!? That's the one place I can go to think! The one place where I can get away from it all! The one place where I don't have to follow rules, the one place I can forget!' I hiss jumping from tree to tree before onto the ground in front of my house.

I pulled my shoes off before quietly opening the door. Poking my head in, I scanned the halls and room before slipping in and closing the door. I tiptoed my way toward the stairs and began to make my way up.

"Ukai..."

Damn it. I paused, lifting my head to look over the rails to see my Father standing in the doorway to the living room. He was standing there with a slightly concerned expression and his hand on his hip.

"Yes Father?" I make my way back down the stairs.

"We need to talk." He said.

"Ok." I followed him into the living room and sat across from him.

"Where have you been all day?" He asked.

"Out," I answer.

"Where?"

"Training," I add.

"By yourself?"

"Yes,"

"Why?"

"I just wanted to get the extra practice in,"

Father hummed before he spoke again.

"Ukai is something wrong?"

"No, why would there be?"

"You snapped at your Mother this morning, for no good reason apparently." Father leaned forward.

I bit my lip, fiddling with my fingers.

"Why is that?" Father asked.

"I didn't mean to..." I whisper.

"Has she done something to upset you?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Have I?" He added.

I shook my head again.

"Then why are you so angry?"

Why am I so angry? I'm not angry...

"I'm not angry I~ I just..." I began but a high pitched giggle then rang through the air and Sarada crawled into the room and toward us. I clenched my fists when she pulled at Father's leg.

'Can't you see he's talking to ME!? Get lost!!'

She looked from Father toward me and smiled, crawling in my direction but I jumped onto my chair before she reached me and jumped over the back before I run up the stairs.

"Ukai!" Father called after me.

I ran into my room, slamming my door shut and flopping down on my bed. I pushed my face into my pillow and screamed my lungs out.

'God Sarada is so annoying! The brat seems to sense when I'm with our parents and swoops in to steal the spotlight! I hate her!' I hiss pulling my head from my sheets and growling. _______________________________________________________________________________

The next morning I was out of the house before anyone was awake. I took my sweet time walking to the academy this morning, going past my favorite restaurants to grab breakfast and lunch before actually heading to the academy. By the time I got there, most of the students were already there, greeting their friends and playing before class. I pulled my book out of my bag and jumped into my favorite tree, laying against the branches and reading. The bell soon rang and I jumped down, heading for homeroom when I saw Minka walk through the entrance. She stopped walking when she saw me, staring at me. I stared back before turning and heading into the academy building. The morning went by faster than I would have liked and it was now lunch, I had once again secluded myself from the rest of the students, sitting on the roof and watching everyone else play. Some were playing soccer, others were reading like I was, others practicing their Jutsus and others just sitting, talking and eating. I set my book aside and sighed as I lay back. I closed my eyes, enjoying the silence and sun. I reopened my eyes when I heard an eagle flew overhead, screeching as it did, flapping its strong wings as it flew. I closed my eyes once again taking a deep breath before yelling and laughter reached my ears. I sat up, looking over the roof edge and watched what looked like three boys bullying a girl.