Part 46

~

*Knock knock knock*

Stepping back from the slim wooden door, Ukai waited patiently as the sounds of light tapping and the unbolting of the door were heard. Quickly, the door was pulled open, and Ukai was met with the sight of his beautiful girlfriend.

"Ukai? What a surprise, you should have told me you were coming... I would have put some actual clothes on," Kazane blushed and chuckled, scratching the back of her right leg with her left sock-covered foot as she tried to pull the oversized sweatshirt she was wearing down to cover her thighs.

"It was a momentary decision," Ukai answered smiling and leaning down to kiss his girlfriend's cheek.

"Are your parents home?" He asked as he pulled away.

"Ah yeah, you wanna come and say hi?" Kazane asked side-stepping to let Ukai into the apartment.

"Yes," Ukai answered, pulling his shoes off.

Closing the door behind him, Ukai followed Kazane into the living room where Kazane's parents we seated on the couch.

"Ukai!" Kazane's mother cheered standing.

"Hello Mrs. Miku," Ukai bowed quickly, smiling at the older woman.

"You come to kidnap our daughter again Uchiha?" Mr. Miku raised his eyebrow at the younger male, putting down his newspaper.

"Yes sir," Ukai nodded.

"Oh? Where are you taking me?" Kazane smiled, hugging Ukai's side.

"It's a surprise. But I will need you to put on some proper clothing, something smart and pretty," Ukai explained while he rubbed his hand up and down Kazane's back.

"Mmmmm, it'll take me a while, is that ok?" Kazane smiled, biting her bottom lip.

"Take all the time you need," Ukai smiled down at his partner.

Kazane chuckled as she scampered off to her room. Ukai shook his head slightly before turning his attention back to the Miku couple.

"Um, while Kazane is busy, I have a question for you Mr. Miku, and I'm hoping you'll give me your blessing," Ukai spoke, folding his hands behind his back.

"Oh goodness... This is going to be one of those conversations, isn't it... Well... sit down, let's get this over with," Kazane's father sighed, closed his eyes, and rubbed the bridge of his nose as he gestured for Ukai to sit in the chair opposite him.

"Thank you," Ukai sat down on the edge of the seat, clasping his hands together on his knees.

So the two sat, talking for the better part of an hour while Kazane got ready. Back and forth the two males went, with Mrs. Miku chipping in now and then with an opinion or comment. Mr. Miku didn't make the discussion too difficult, he asked about the basics. When Ukai had decided this, what he planned for the both of them, and if he was positively and undeniably sure about the decision he was about to make.

"And you are absolutely sure?" Mr. Miku questioned with both eyebrows raised, eyes giving a pointed look as he leaned his elbows to his knees, looking at Ukai.

"Yes sir, absolutely," Ukai nodded.

Mr. Miku looked to the side, locking eyes with his wife, who was smiling happily with tears pricking the corners of her eyes. Mr. Miku sighed, closing his eyes too for a second before turning them back to Ukai.

"Kazane has always been a handful... never one for the frilly girly things in life... I always thought that would hinder any man from seeing her as anything other than a teammate... It's comforting to know I was wrong... thank you for proving me wrong Ukai," The older male smiled, leaning back on the couch.