Part 42

~

The sun shone brightly through the window the next morning. The birds sang sweetly as the calm hum of flowing water woke a sleeping Kazane. Said kunoichi inhaling deeply through her nose as she cracked her eyes open.

"Mmmmm~" She groaned to herself, stretching her lazy limbs.

Kazane closed her eyes once again, turning over and stretching her arm out to Ukai's side of the bed, only to lift her head when she felt no warm body beside her.

"Ukai?" She called, sitting up, looking around the traditionally styled room.

Standing, Kazane shivered when a cool breeze blew through the open window, causing her to wrap her arms around herself, pausing when she realized why she was so cold.

"Where are my clothes?" She questioned, looking around the floor.

After dressing in her underwear and the shirt Ukai wore last night, Kazane ventured out into the hallways of what she assumed was Ukai's new house, cause there was no way Sakura would have bought this house for just the three of them... it's huge. Then again that would make more sense than Ukai living here all by himself.

"Ukai?" Kazane's voice rang through the empty though simply decorated corridors.

The purple-haired kunoichi lazily raises her hand and ran it lightly along the walls as she walked, humming to herself. When she reached the end of the hallway, there was a set of stairs leading to the lower floor, the sound of music and a very delicious smell filling Kazane's senses.

"Mmm," She hummed as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, skipping down the steps and toward the music.

Upon finding the source, Kazane stopped in the doorway leading to a kitchen and dining room. The culprit of the harmonious melody sat on a small table beside an open door, showing off a mini courtyard with a large Sakura tree in the middle.

'Wow...' Kazane stared in awe at her surroundings, slowly walking into the room before movement to her right caught her attention.

Ukai was in the kitchen cooking what Kazane assumed was breakfast. The young kunoichi smiled, walking up behind the larger ninja and wrapping her arms around his torso.

"Morning," She spoke, relaxing against her partner.

"Hmm... Good morning beautiful," Said male chuckled as he greeted back, looking over his shoulder at his girlfriend.

"Mmm whatever that is... it smells amazing," She called laying her head on his back.

"I'm glad you think so." Ukai turned in Kazane's arms, cupping her face with both his hands and laying a gentle kiss on her lips.

"How did you sleep?" He asked softly.

"Better than I have in weeks that's for sure," Kazane bit her lip and smiled, shifting her gaze from Ukai's lips to his eyes and back again.

"Yeah?" Ukai pecked Kazane's lips again.

"Mm-hmm," Kazane nodded, gaining another peck.

"Good," And another...

And another...

Eventually, small innocent pecks turned into a make-out session.

"By the way, I like you wearing my shirts," Ukai whispered, slowly sliding his hands up the back of Kazane's thighs, up over her butt lifting his shirt with it.

"Mm~ Ukai..." Kazane muttered between kisses.

"Hmm~?"

"Something's burning..." Kazane pulled away.