Chapter 16: That Boy

Taylor's POV

I walk to my school entrance after parking my car at the parking lot, when I see my group of girlfriends waving at me. I immediately wave back at them and run towards them. "How was the party yesterday?"

Emma says, "It was good, but it would have been better if you were around. Anyway, Zach was acting all weird yesterday during the party."

"What do you mean he was acting weird?"

"He was keeping his distance with all of us and when we asked him what was wrong with him, he just brushed it off saying that he was unhappy that there was no winner during the competition," Krystal says, looking at me.

"Oh...."

"But I am not buying his lies, because it does not seem that way." Charlotte says interrupting my train of thought.

I sneeze loudly and Charlotte asks, "Are you sure you do not want to go back home to rest?"

I shake my head. "Today is Liam's last day here, as the competition has been pushed forward to next week. So, I might as well use the time I have to spend time with him."

Ava raises her eyebrow. "Okay then, but do you still like him?"

I give her a smile and say, "Of course not. He is just one of my good friends now. I used to like him, but it is different now."

Krystal points behind me. "The boys are here."

I see Zach at the back with his hands in his pocket while all the boys walk towards us. Just then, our eyes connected, and I'm the first to shift my attention to others as I spot Liam with them.

When they get close to us, the boys ask in unison. "Are you okay? The girls said you were not feeling well."

I laugh. "Woah my guy friends were worried about me."

Jayden protests, jokingly. "Hey! We are not heartless people who do not have any feelings."

I smile and say, "Thanks for thinking about me and to answer your question, I am just having flu for now, so I'll be fine."

Kayden looks at Zach. "Bro, are you even okay? You have been in your own world ever since yesterday."

Everyone, including me, looks at him and he says, "Yeah just having some bad days."

Before Daniel could even say a word, the school bell rings, and we realize it's time to head to our elective subject class; this means that I'm stuck with Zach and Liam for the lesson.

Zach and Liam are both standing beside me and looking at each other the same way they did since day one, when I decide to break their staring game and say, "You two can continue what you are doing in class. I'm just going to head to the toilet first."

I walk in the toilet and almost groan to see that slut in the toilet with her minions. I walk to the washing area to wash my hands and she is the first to start the conversation by saying, "Zach is such a good kisser. I cannot believe that he is friends with you."

Anger boils within me and I lose all control of myself, recollecting all the years of bullying I endured.

I couldn't help but yell, "I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOUR INTENTION IS, BUT I HOPE THAT ONE DAY, WHENEVER IT IS, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO BLAME YOURSELF FOR BEING A PATHETIC BITCH. ALL YOU DO IS TRY TO LURE GUYS BY WEARING SHORT PANTS OR DRESS! YOU SHOULD REALLY LOOK INTO THE MIRROR TO SEE HOW PATHETIC YOU LOOK BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HURT SOMEONE ELSE AND MAY BE EVEN YOURSELF."

With that, I exit the toilet with small whispers that could heard before the door of the toilet is closed and I try to calm myself down before entering the classroom.

I walk into the classroom and see two empty seats beside Liam and Zach but decided to sit with Liam since I did not want to talk to Zach about what happened yesterday; he can save his breath and time instead of explaining what happened yesterday.

I see the disappointment in his eyes when I make my way to sit beside Liam, because I always sit with Zach during the class.

I say to Liam, "Do you want to come over to my house later for dinner? Everyone is dying to meet you since they have not seen you for years."

Liam laughs, "Really? Your family is really funny."

I nod my head in response and am about to ask him what his deal is with Zach, just as Melissa walks into the class; I almost forget that she is also in my class and I notice her red eyes. When she sees me looking at her, she looks around to look for a seat and that is when I realize the only empty seat is the one next to Zach.

I feel another knife through my heart when I see them making small conversation but decide to divert my attention to Liam by asking him, "What is your deal with Zach?"

Liam shakes his head, "Nothing."

I raise my eyebrow, "Okay then."

The teacher came in and started her lesson after taking attendance.

(During Break-time)

My friends and I sat at the big table as everyone told stories about what happened at the party. I eat my salad when I feel my phone vibrate with messages.

I take out my phone from my pocket and see Zach's message saying:Zach, 11:30am

I am sorry, Tay, about yesterday.

Can you please hear me out first, I can explain?

I miss you talking to me

I definitely miss talking to him but all I want now is to save myself from a broken heart and switch off my phone without replying to his text. I quickly eat my salad and stand up, telling my friends that I'm going to the toilet. They briskly nod at me and go back to their food.

Just as I was about to turn a corner to head to the toilet, someone grabs my hand and my back hits the wall, as blue eyes stare into mine.

I want to leave and move but he put both his hands beside my head, blocking my path. "Tay, I can explain, please just listen to me first."

Song 🎶: Mad Woman By Taylor Swift

Will Taylor hear him out??

What happens during dinner when Liam comes to join her family ??

That's right, My Tay finally leash out her anger at Melissa!!!!

Will Melissa stop and actually listen to her for once??

Remember to click on the star ⭐️ button below once you are done reading this chapter!!! Thank you for your support this year!!!!