Chapter 12: My Worst Nightmare

Taylor's POV

Have you ever felt like nothing is worse than your nightmare? That's what I initially thought. I mean like really, nothing can be as bad as it seems to be. But today was nothing I like I would have expected it to be.

I was on the way to school driving my car that my parents had given me on my eighteenth birthday last summer. I was extremely happy to see that they had bought me a red car, which was my favourite colour.

I was driving my car and I didn't expect to get into an accident. I was actually waiting for the traffic light to turn green so that I could drive but before the light turned green, the car behind me crashed into me, damaging the back of my car.

I hit my head hard on the steering wheel due to the impact. I recover myself and check

the camera my dad installed at the back of the car. I was so glad that my dad insisted on installing a camera at the back of my car because I now had evidence of him using his phone while driving the car with one hand.

Immediately, I call my car insurance and the police to get the matter settled since I wasn't at fault and had to ring my parents to let them know what had happened. I suddenly remembered to call my teacher-in-charge so she could inform Ms. Margaret, my math teacher, that I would be late for class.

My parents panicked and drove over immediately to my location when I told them what happened. "Baby girl, are you alright? Did you get hurt?"

I smile and say, "Yep. I am alright. Luckily I didn't get any injuries."

My dad clenches his fists in anger and says, "That driver is going to be in deep trouble. He almost hurt my baby girl in her car."

Before I could stop my father, he goes over and reprimands the driver and I could see the driver shivering in fear, definitely scared of getting scolded as well as the consequences he will have to pay to cover the damage to my car.

After an hour, when I was done with everything, my parents tell to go ahead to my class and that they will settle everything for me. I take a taxi at the taxi stand and give my school address to the driver.

On the way to school, I feel a slight headache on my head which most likely is due to everything that had happened. I push the pain at the back of my mind and close my eyes, hopeful that by the time I reach school, I won't feel the pain anymore.

Someone shakes my shoulder and I wake up, finding myself in the parking lot of my school. I pass the taxi fare to the driver and thank him by saying, "Keep the change. Your ride was so good that I immediately fell asleep."

The driver chuckles and says, "Have a great day ahead, miss."

I wave him goodbye and close the taxi door and make my way into the school entrance, walking along the quiet hallway towards my locker.

When I open my locker, I find some chocolate. Someone had been leaving chocolate in my locker after just one week of me joining here and I still hadn't figured out who it is. I keep the chocolate safely ever since, mainly because I love chocolate. I close my locker and make my way to my classroom.

I knock and open the door, finding myself looking awkward because I have never been late before. Ms. Margaret says, "Please come inside, Ms. Taylor. Your teacher-in-charge has already told me the reason why you are late, so you do not need to explain anything to me."

I nod my head in response and make my way into the classroom.

Ms. Margaret smiles and says, "Please take a seat. We are going through a new topic today, so find your seat and get ready for lesson."