Chapter 22- U Turn

Zacznij od początku

We all loved our outfits and payed before headed to my house for dinner

We held our bags while riding down the streets on our bikes.

-

"Hey mum, we're home!" I called as I opened the door. Bev and Eddie followed close behind, they had never met my mom before.

"Oh, hi sweetie," she said as she came walking around the corner.
"This must be Beverly," she pointed to Bev.
"And Eddie!" Then pointed to, you guessed it, Eddie.
"Nice to meet you, Mrs. l/n." Eddie stepped forward and shook my mother's hand.
"Nice to meet you too, what a polite young boy." My mom smiled while admiring Eddie.
"I'm Beverly, but you can call me Bev." She stuck out her hand and my mom shook it.
"Well, I'll be down here, I left $20 in your room  incase you want pizza."
"Thanks momma," I said before leading my friends up the stairs and into my room.

-

"So Bev, how are things with Ben?" I asked as I took a slice of pizza from the cardboard box and sat on my desk chair.
"Wait, you like Ben?" Eddie tilted his head.
"Y/n!" Beverly whined, I forgot that no one else knew.
"Sorry, it's about time you told him though!"
I raised my hands in defense.
"I guess," Bev rolled her eyes.

"No one answered my question!" Eddie stood up and walked over to sit next to Bev on my bed.
"Okay fine. Yes, I like Ben." Beverly said with a defeated sigh. Eddie squealed and giggled like he usually did whenever he got excited.

"Bev, didn't you say a while back that you two were planning on going to the movies together?" I asked since I suddenly remembered our conversation about it.
"Yeah, we were going to, but we never really got around to it." Bev stated, holding back a frown. Eddie rubbed her back as I got off my chair and sat down next to them.

"You should ask him to the Snowball!" Eddie suggested with a twinkle in his eye, I liked his thinking.
"Oh my god, Bev you totally should!" I chimed in.
"Uh, I don't know guys. He probably won't want to." She shrugged as her lips started to pout.
"Nonsense, come on," I stood up and grabbed her hand, dragging her into the hall and down the stairs.

Beverly's p.o.v.

I picked up the phone and dialed the number. It rang 3 times before it picked up.

"Ben speaking, who's this?" He said from the other end of the phone.
"Hey Ben, it's Beverly." I looked at y/n and Eddie and bit my lip, desperately trying to hold in a squeal.
"Oh, hey Bev! What's up?" He asked in his chipper tone.

This was it.
No turning back.

"I just wanted to ask you, if, uh..."

I made a quick U turn.

"If you were enjoying the week so far! That's all," Eddie's mouth dropped open and I could have sworn y/n's eyes popped out of their sockets.
"Oh, yeah. I'm having a good week, you?" He sounded unsure, confusion lacing his words.
"Yep, good. Just perfect." I said with a sigh.
"Listen, I gotta go, but I'll talk to you tomorrow at school, yeah?" I could hear his smile.
His goddamn smile.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." I said bluntly before hanging up the phone.
"What the hell, Bev?" Eddie yelled.
"What happened?" Y/n asked while putting an arm around me.
"I don't know, I just chickened out I guess,"
I didn't know if that was entirely true.

-

My past with men hasn't been the best.
My father scared me for life, the things he did would never leave my mind.
Whenever I saw a grown man on the sidewalk that resembled my father I'd cross the street, if there was a man behind me in line I'd go to the back.
I'm scared of men because of my father.

I'm not afraid of the losers because they'd never hurt me, they couldn't even if they tried. They've never seen me vulnerable.
But if I let Ben see that side of me he could manipulate and take advantage of me.
I know he'd never do anything to hurt me, I know. But there's always that voice in my head. That voice that tells me to stay away.
Never let them see you weak.

Y/N p.o.v.

Beverly stood in front of the phone, starring into space as tears started to form in her eyes.
I looked at Eddie, he had the same worried expression as me. I glanced back at Bev and then to the clock.
8:46pm.

"Hey, Bev. It's getting late. Let's grab your dress and drive you guys home." I said as I put a hand on her shoulder.
She jumped a little and blinked rapidly as she looked at me. She nodded and I lead her to my room so her and Eddie could grab their bags.

-

First we dropped Eddie off at his house, he thanked my mother for having him over and she thanked him for being so polite.
We drove off and headed to Beverly's aunt's house, which I had to repeat the address for a million times since my mother was basically deaf.

The whole ride Beverly didn't say a word.
Once we pulled into the driveway she opened the door, grabbed her bag and said a simple "Bye." Then she walked to the door and unlocked it, not looking back or waving once.

"She's awfully quiet," My mom said to me as we started to drive back home.
"She's not usually like that," I said under my breath.
"What dear?"
"Oh, nothing. Don't worry." I gave her a weak smile.
"Well that Eddie was a real treat, so polite!"
She added as she smiled.
"Why don't you have a crush on him?" She asked as she leaned closer to me.
"Oh, he's taken." I said with a laugh.

1404 words