(27) - The Truth

Depuis le début

Time? Is that what he needed? My mind couldn't wrapped around it. Was it truly that bad? Did I even want to know?

"I'll tell you the truth. I just can't tell you now." He said through a hoarse voice, that sounded so broken. My heart dropped, hearing the aching tone regarding the truth. Marcello wasn't angry, he was distressed. Whatever he had to tell me, it was that terrible. I don't know if I was an idiot trusting the first thing he said, but I did.

"I'm not a cheater. I didn't cheat. As far as I know, I'm single and the rumors regarding the marriage is false. The deal was dead four years ago. I'm not marrying Alissa, for fucks sakes, why would do something to jeopardize something when I like you."

Like me? Is he sure? Because I wasn't convinced. Yes, he told me the truth but parts of me was skeptic about the whole thing. I believed everything he said about Alissa but it didn't mean I would welcome him with open arms. I was not delusional nor was I naïve.

All I knew was that trust when trust is broken it can't be fix with some words.
This was forcing me to feel unsteady and harbor emotions I didn't want.

"I believe you." Marcello's eyes gloom with hope and clusters of relief. I was sorry but it's what I needed. "But it doesn't mean I trust you."

"At least not fully." Marcello's mouth opened in revelation and denial."Can we just take this slow? Maybe as friends?"

"I know this wasn't what you wanted to hear but I don't know Marcello, I'm... scared. Mostly because I'll never done this with anyone after I had Issac and my last relationship kinda of ruined my trust in people. I-I just need to go slow."

Marcello's POV

Friends? She wanted to be friends, to go slow. I was lost with words when she said it. It was the most utter defeat a man could ever hear.

Fuck... I couldn't go slow. I didn't want to go slow. I liked her and she liked me, there wasn't anything holding us back.
Friends don't think certain things when I'm with her... I couldn't help it. Friends definitely didn't feel what I feel.

But the way she looked at me with her scarce brown eyes and the fragility in her voice made me reconsider the whole damn thing.

She was scared and it was a punch to my gut. She was genuinely confused and worried that I would hurt her. She didn't trust me because someone hurt her in a way she felt it was necessary to put her guard up.

I clenched my fists badly as my knuckles turned whites. I burned with fury just thinking about the possibility of my Autumn getting hurt.

I could go slow. No, I can't. But for her I will.

Autumn was oblivious to the way she made me feel. It amazes me that she can't see what I see when in look into those deep chocolate eyes, wanting to be lost in the haze of forever.

I liked her, I really did and she was the only person to truly know it. I had my flings but that's was it. Just flings. I wasn't innocent, far from it actually... but Autumn, she was the first woman to make me want to care. I loved Issac, the little blonde guy that came with her.

If I had Autumn and Issac, then I can say my life was complete. My feelings for the brunette woman wasn't temporary and if she needed to be friends, to go slow...

Then fuck it... I'll go slow because that's what she deserves. I'll gladly be her friend if it meant I would have her in the end.

~

That's it's on today's chapter

That's it's on today's chapter. So, Marcello gave a slight insight on his and Alissa's relationship. Do you think Autumn made the right decision?

Current thoughts on Marcello's sides of things. Do you guys believe him or is the truth really not what it's made out to be.

Anyways... until next time.

Love, The Author

- Katherine