"Why?" I wasn't one to give in and that was slowly changing because of my new develop feelings.

I knew for myself and Issac I couldn't as I slightly pinched myself to get out of the trance he held on me so I asked why.

"Autumn... I never meant to hurt you and believe me I wasn't trying to... I wasn't trying to cheat. I'm not that kind of guy."

"So, you admitted it? Your proving you're not that kind of guy when you have been...  doing things you shouldn't."

"I mean I'm not really anyone to say anything because we went on one date. If you cheat that is your business...it's just I can't... I won't, do this with you."

"The reason I invited you was I needed to set this straight and-"

"Autumn, I'm not married."

"But I'm engaged."

I couldn't say anything. So, he thought cheating was okay even though he wasn't married. No, that's not how it works...

"Okay, so let me get this straight," I hold up a hand as Marcello listened to every word. "So, you think this is okay? Kiss other women despite having a fiancé waiting at home for you."

"I didn't say I was and no I don't have someone waiting for me because I'm not engaged."

"But you just said you were?"

"I was engaged, technically. It's complicated." Complicated. The word I heard my ex say a thousand times. It isn't complicated unless you want it to be. My eyebrows quivered on their own, I wasn't sure if I believed it.

Or if we had anything anymore to be honest and if we did it it was something we both were diluting ourselves with, a simple mistake.

"Complicated? How is it complicated?" Marcello shook his head, using a sarcastic laugh as his chest rose and fell.

"Alissa, my fiancé... wasn't always my fiancé. At least not by choice,"

"The first time I met her, I thought Alissa was another business deal colleagues would send my way. Alissa was different... She was everything I thought I needed." I gulped as he began to speak about Alissa. There was such discrepancy in his voice, it was unfamiliar. Marcello clenched his fists in which I assumed was anger, only to be proven otherwise.

"Alissa was another deal I made. We would wed and she would be my wife. I didn't love her, she knew that. We both loved the title she could give. It was another plot to get deals, investors, that sort of thing. In the business world, men with power should be married. It didn't matter what happened behind closed doors, it just mattered that you were."

"We barely spoke on occasion and if we did, it would be about our place. Keep in mind, Alissa was slowly changing once we made the deal, 'engagement.'

"Alissa, joined the fashion industry while I was constantly busy, working on bringing my business up the image it is today. Alissa...changed. She wasn't the same intelligential, delicate woman that she was when we first met. She didn't have the same morals, we agreed upon. She was power hungry and deluded, wanting more from me, more that I was worth."

"A-autumn, this isn't easy. Do you really want to know?" Marcello looked at me, almost pleading with his eyes for me to say no. Was the truth that complicated?

I was curious, and confused. Both at the swirl in one. All I could do was nod and hear the rhythm of my heartbeat go penetrably faster.

"Alissa... she uh... did some things I-I don't ever want to remember. I can't tell you the details Autumn, but just know I will tell you. I just need some time..."