Chapter 42

"Come on," Noah says, abruptly pushing off the bed.

"Where are we going?" I ask, lazily stretching with my legs hanging off the edge of the mattress.

"It's a beautiful day outside, we have the house all to ourselves and we've spent the last three hours just laying here doing nothing." he says taking off his shirt.

"This is escalating quickly, but I'm not complaining." I ogle him, resting back on my elbows.

"Get your head out of the gutter," he laughs, tossing his shirt in my direction, and my reflexes aren't fast enough to catch it before it hits me in the face, "We're going swimming," he clarifies, grabbing a pair of blue swim trunks and stepping into the bathroom to change.

"But I don't have a suit," I object as he comes out with his swimsuit already on.

"Are you going commando?" he asks, grabbing two towels from the top shelf of his closet.

"No!" I reply, using my cold hands to try to alleviate the heat on my face.

"Then you don't need one," he shrugs. "It's a shame though, I was hoping skinny dipping might be on the table." he smirks mischievously.

"Who's the perv now?" I retort, tossing his shirt back trying to hit him in the chest but he catches it mid-air.

"I'll meet you by the pool in five minutes," he says, flashing me a smile before heading out of the room and closing the door behind him.

I take my time getting up from the bed and taking my clothes off. Turning around, I look in the mirror trying to cover myself up as much as I can with the small amount of fabric I have on my body, only wearing white, lacy underwear which conceals what it needs to, but not nearly enough. I've always been pretty self-conscious about my body, thinking this could be smaller, this other thing could be bigger, this skin could be tighter, or smoother, and wearing this in front of Noah makes me feel very vulnerable and nervous, but I can't hide from him forever. So I take a deep breath and wrap the towel he left out for me around myself and I head downstairs to meet him.

I slide open the glass doors that lead to the backyard, right at the same time that Noah surfaces from under the water. His wet hair is slicked back and little water droplets run down his face and neck. He shakes his head, partially drying his hair and he wipes at his face with his hands. The water causes his tan skin to glisten as it catches the light of the afternoon sun. I stand on the edge of the pool as he looks up at me through his wet, thick eyelashes.

"Are you coming in? The water is amazing." he asks swimming backwards. I turn around and put my towel on a chair, going over to sit on the edge of the pool, just submerging my legs into the water as Noah comes swimming towards me. He stands in front of me and lets his eyes wander over my body, his gaze burning me and leaving me feeling more exposed than I ever have before.

Wanting to relieve the tension building up inside me, caused by his stare, I dip my hand into the water and flick my fingers, sending little water droplets flying towards his face.

Noah takes his time calmly wiping his face with his palm without saying a word. He looks me in the eyes and gives me a scheming look, which makes goosebumps run all over my body. "I thought it might help you cool off," I say innocently, knowing I'm in trouble.

"You're going to pay for that." he says as he suddenly launches after me. I dive into the pool, trying to get away, but I stand no chance in a race against him. Noah is much bigger, faster, and a better swimmer than me, so he catches up to me in no time. I laugh uncontrollably, and he wraps one arm around my waist, using his other one to splash water on my face repeatedly.