XXIX

3 weeks before

"If I never love anyone again the way I love you," I whisper against his chest, "it will be such a relief."

He's squeezing me tighter in his embrace. "Why won't you come with me? At least let me stay, beautiful, I don't want to make the same mistake again, I don't want to let you go," his voice sounds pained.

"Remember when you needed to get away from me and get your life together? I understand that know, Max, I've forgiven you," I try to sound strong in his embrace, "but now I'm asking you to give me the same opportunity. Please Max, my life is so fucking messed up, let me fix it before we can ever try to build anything together."

I see a tear falling down his face, seeing him like this makes my chest hurt so much.

"Maybe we'll meet again, when we are slightly older, our minds less hectic, and I'll be right for you, and you'll be right for me," I try to smile through the painful tears escaping my eyes.

"But right now, I'm the chaos to your thoughts and you're the poison to my heart," I kiss him until we are both breathless, "Please let me go, I need to get my shit together, I promise you I'll become better, I'm going to make you proud, Max."

"I love you so fucking much, Sasha," he whispers with such great tenderness against my lips before he wipes the tears off my cheeks, "I'm already proud of you, my sweet girl, never think even for a minute that I ever feel anything but pride and admiration when I look at you," I can't help but cry harder.

I fucking hate goodbyes.