Laura

3:49 am.

It was three hours before dawn and before the couple had to leave for work. While Taylor was oblivious to the part of the world that lay awake in the wee hours of a starry night, her gorgeous wife stayed up, sitting in the balcony with her laptop perched on her knees. Ever since she was young, Laura was an active kid. When her father was alive, Laura would help her father out in any way she could and since helping her father meant spending more time with her hero, she was always willing. From a tender age, her father had taught her all the necessary lessons of life, starting of course with self defense and protecting one's honour. Laura would sit there with rapt attention as her father doled out some self defense moves for her daughter.

"Never let a man tell you what you can and cannot do,"
Her father's words always stayed with her.

Laura was a tough and mature kid ever since she was little and that was why what James did to her hurt her the most. After her father passed away, Laura threw herself in a couple of jobs to keep her mind off of the fact that she would never hug her hero anymore, that she would never see him smile anymore. Working and earning money at the age of 14 was a new experience for her but the level of maturity she had helped her to work efficiently. Her mother knew that Laura needed to do whatever she desired to fill the empty void she felt in her heart after her father passed away. Moreover, Laura's mother was always very lenient with her kids and that was why Laura found herself in Italy at the age of 15 for modelling.

Laura was never fond of the idea of modelling but she never cowered away from trying new things. Laura's heart dropped in her stomach when she realized that she had to stay in a brothel in Italy, but that didn't damper her spirits as she quickly made friends and acquaintances. Moreover, people felt protective of someone so young among them. While Laura's height gave her the advantage for a model, she sulked all day long when she had to lose weight by starving and eating basically nothing. It was really difficult for Laura considering she loved food, but since she started a new thing in her life, she was determined to see it through. During her modelling career, she stayed busy with other things. She met some amazing chefs along the way in Italy who let her hang out with them and also share tips.

When Laura was only a few months away from her seventeenth birthday, she met a charming boy in Milan. The first thing Laura noticed about him was how long his eyelashes were. When she told him that, his surprisingly deep laughter made its way to her heart. Laura still remembered Francesco and how breathtakingly gorgeous he was. Laura looked up at the starry night, a smile grazed upon her lips as she was reminded of the smile Francesco gave her the first time they met. He had brazenly stepped towards Laura and gently taking her hand in his, he had left a soft gentlemanly kiss on the top of her hand, immediately making her blush.

But unfortunately, they didn't have the time for a sweet romance.

All they had was one day, a whole day dedicated to their young and innocent love. A day where Francesco held Laura's hand in hers and walked down the streets of Milan. Since Francesco was a budding artist, Laura was surprised when he took her to France and standing right in front of the Eiffel Tower, Francesco stood behind her, his right hand on Laura's while his other hand gently laid on her waist as he taught her to paint. Laura was so nervous and excited at the same time that she hardly learned or listened to anything he had mumbled on about art. But then, he spun her around and looked deeply into her eyes, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips. Laura stood there, mesmerized by the intensity with which he gazed into her eyes. Her father's words rang in her ears and she stood her ground. But so, did Francesco, to her likeness. Francesco edged his hand near her cheek and Laura froze but his eyes were kind and his smile widened.