Not Your Fault

The shining halo was hanging proudly in a starstruck sky, blanketing the night with its mesmerizing glow. While the part of the city the couple was staying was noiseless, other parts of the city were still young and beating. As the minutes ticked away, the night around them grew quieter and more tranquil. Taylor turned to look at her wife who slept in Taylor's arms, peacefully. Taylor found herself admiring her wife's extraordinary beauty. The raven-haired looked undisturbed and undaunted by her past, not right then, not anymore, as she slept snuggling closer to her wife, Taylor. Taylor's features softened when her wife gave a soft smile to Taylor and Taylor's heart ached painfully against her chest when Laura fell asleep within minutes after they made sweet love.

'She is so tired, my baby.' Taylor had thought to herself with tears brimming in her eyes. Taylor's arms tightened around her wife's body, bringing her even closer. Taylor's breath hitched in her throat when she saw a smile resting upon Laura's lips as she slept in her lover's safe arms. A smile automatically graced upon Taylor's lips, and not wanting to wake her partner up from her much needed sleep, Taylor tenderly tucked a lock of hair behind Laura's ear. Placing a gentle hand on Laura's right cheek, Taylor stared at her gorgeous wife. It was difficult for Taylor to peel her eyes off of Laura and her enchanting beauty.

However, the blonde found herself giving a soft kiss on Laura's forehead before focusing her eyes on the ceiling. Taylor wanted to fall asleep, her eyes were already heavy with sleep. But she also wanted to be there for her partner in case Laura had a nightmare. Moreover, no matter how strong her desire was to succumb into the arms of sleep, her thoughts were keeping her up at night just like Laura's nightmares kept her up. Taylor didn't wipe away the tears that rolled down her cheeks; she just stared at the ceiling while her mind was haunted with different thoughts, obstructing herself from her beauty sleep.

But Taylor was fortunate that her thoughts didn't have the power to haunt her any longer as her attention was drawn towards her wife one more time when she heard Laura call out her name in a raspy tone.

"Yes, babe?"

"Are you alright?" Laura said, her eyes closing with sleep. "Are you not sleeping, my love?"

Laura was about to pull away from her partner's arms to look at Taylor, in concern. But Taylor tightened her hold around her wife's body and stole Laura's breath away when she pressed her lips to Laura's into a long, passionate kiss. Taylor chuckled to herself when she saw Laura looking at her wife with a dreamy and surprised look on her face.