Both

A smile of appreciation slowly kissed on Taylor's lips as she looked out of the window: the nature around her making her heart blossom with serenity. However, the blonde knew that the blank canvas on which the beauty of the earth was painted brought tranquillity to her soul only because she was lucky to share it with her soulmate, Laura. As the blonde focused her eyes outside the window, keeping her mind occupied by assuming shapes to the floating clouds, she was glad that she caught some sleep before they reached their destination. 

As the couple spent over six hours airborne, they slept through the first half of their journey. At times, they would find themselves cuddling like kittens into each other's warm and inviting arms and sleeping together; while at the other times, one would be wide awake while the other slept in a dreamless slumber. While the blonde usually was the one who could sleep through an entire flight journey, she was surprised to watch her wife sleep whilst flying. Taylor's heart clenched tightly in her chest, and her eyes softened as she knew that Laura's sleep was finally catching up to her and the blonde also realized that Laura must not have slept at all the past few days for her to be so tired. 

Even though it was unusual to watch Laura just sit in one place and laze around a little, Taylor liked to watch her wife just stop herself for a moment and take some rest. 'Laura is always working and, on the run,' Taylor thought to herself. And while Taylor loved that her wife was so active, she also wanted her beautiful wife to take a breather once in a while. 

Taylor turned away from the outside world to look at her wife when she felt Laura stirring beside her. Taylor's soft features immediately crunched up in concern as Laura's body was glistening with sweat and her breath had become labored. Laura was panting, almost as if she was begging for oxygen. Taylor's eyes brimmed with tears when Laura's right hand stretched out as if she was trying to grab something while her left hand went straight to touch her bullet wound. Taking a deep breath, Taylor held Laura's shoulders and shook her wife until the raven-haired stopped breathing unevenly. For a moment, Laura's body went still when she felt someone's hands on her body, and that didn't go unnoticed by Taylor. Pained, Taylor was about to withdraw her hands, but they froze as she saw a tiny but peaceful smile appear on Laura's face. But it was just for a second before Laura finally opened her eyes. Horrified greens met worried blues.

Taylor's heart softened when Laura closed her eyes, and taking a deep breath, the raven-haired leaned into her partner's touch. The blonde was taken aback when Laura simply opened her eyes and giving a stoic nod to her wife, Laura stood up from her seat and walked towards the bedroom. Taylor wanted nothing more than following her partner and taking Laura in her arms, hugging her pain away forever. But Taylor knew that Laura needed her space to process through her yet another nightmare about her past. Taylor bent over and buried her face in her hands. Taylor didn't know what to do to make her wife feel better, to wipe away the horrible events from both of their pasts. Because it wasn't only Laura was suffering; while Taylor didn't have such recurrent nightmares, she was not completely free from them either. She would also find herself getting lost in her thoughts, and circling back to the time when Carrie swooped in their life and ruined the most important thing in her life, most important person in her life.

Taylor froze before she sat up straight in her seat when she heard a crash inside the bedroom. Taylor's eyes narrowed, every pore of her body filled with confusion and worry. Before the blonde went to her wife, to check up on her, the door to the cockpit slid open, drawing the blonde's attention towards the pilot of their private jet, and the pilot shook his head to Taylor, advising the blonde to not approach Laura. Not yet, anyway. Taylor looked at the pilot with confused eyes before she turned to look at the bedroom door when she heard Laura let a dozen of colorful words rip, and ending it only with a punch to the bedroom door, leaving a fist-sized hole.