final epilogue

"Zuko, it's your turn." I waved my hand in front of my husband's face, seeing his eyes were slowly shutting as he rested his head in the palm of his hand.

"Right, sorry." He jerked back, then moved one of his tiles across the Pai Sho table.

"Sweetie, did you take your nap today?"

"No, i'm afraid not."

"Why not? You'll have trouble sleeping tonight." I shook my head in disbelief as i tried to decide on what my next move will be. "Have you forgotten that you're not sixteen anymore?"

"Hey, i'm old but i'm not completely useless yet." Zuko crossed his arms as he leaned back into his chair. "I'm just excited for our family dinner tonight, so i couldn't fall asleep. I tried, but it was no use."

"I know what you mean, i have this pit in my stomach and it's been bothering me all day. I'm looking forward to it, but i'm also quite nervous."

"I guess we've both been feeling a little bored and lonely lately, considering our daughter is always busy leading the nation and our grandson is never home."

"Give Iroh a break, he's doing an amazing job as the general of the United Forces. Izumi left us at that age too for a little while, remember?"

"Yes, even though that was our idea. But, i'm still allowed to miss them."

"Of course you are! So, be happy. We're going to have a lovely dinner together once they show up."

"Come on, i'm waiting." Zuko pointed towards our game, rushing me since i haven't made any moves yet.

"I'm stuck." I blew a strand of hair out of my face, then instantly coughed right after. Being an elderly woman was tough sometimes, especially now since i have a few health problems caused by my old age. "I'm sick of Pai Sho!"

"Tell me about it." Zuko agreed, then took my hand and gave it a peck. "Careful, dear. Your coughing has been a little out of control, lately."

"Yeah, along with your sleep schedule."

"Mo, i'm looking out for you."

"Why can't it be possible to go back in time?" I whined as i changed the subject, then slapped my hand against my thigh. "We're officially out of the loop! We're old and wrinkly, but everyone else is out having a blast and helping the avatar save the world again!"

"Hey, that's called reality. I feel the same way, but it's not our job to do that anymore."

"And, can you believe how strange things have gotten over the years? The satomobile? How do those machines even work?"

"Don't ask me, i still haven't caught up with modern technology. I'm still going around riding a dragon, for crying out loud."

"Well, i'd much rather prefer that. It's less complicated!"

"Oh, and what about moving pictures, that new invention?"

"Yeah, what's up with that? Pictures can literally move now!"

"I'm going to need some tea with this rant." Zuko let out a hoarse chuckle, then stood up and made his way towards the tea station in the lounge. He poured himself a cup, then almost dropped it as a palace guard approached the room and startled him.

"General Iroh II has arrived earlier than expected, and is now waiting for you in the dining area with Fire Lord Izumi." The guard informed us, making Zuko quickly place his beverage down onto the table as i got up on my feet and joined him.

"Oh, that's great!" i exclaimed as Zuko and i followed the guard towards the dining room, preparing for the reunion we were about to have with Izumi and Iroh.