chapter fourteen

Earlier

"Huh?" I woke up to the sound of a gasp, i turned around and saw Aang panting in his cot, sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Something wrong, Aang?" I asked, letting my feet dangle off of the bed i was assigned to.

"Just a nightmare." He described, wiping the sweat off of his face.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I requested, standing up and walking towards Aang, sitting down next to him.

"I was in the avatar state, but i was outside of my body watching myself. It was scary, I was scary."

"Dreams can be pretty scary sometimes." I reassured him. "But you need rest, we're leaving the North Pole in a few hours. Get some sleep. Remember, it's just a dream."

"Yeah, I got it. Night, Mo."

~

"Katara, I want you to have this." Pakku turned to Katara, pulling out a gift he had for her. "This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it." Katara grabbed the amulet out of Pakku's hands, examining it with a bright look in her eyes.

"Thank you, Master." She gave him a quick hug.

"Aang." He then made his way towards the avatar. "These scrolls will help you master waterbending. But remember, they're no substitute for a real master." Pakku looked up at Katara who was already in Appa's saddle, hinting that she would be Aang's new teacher.

"Thank you." Aang bowed, then joined Katara.

"Sokka, Motoko." Pakku called out to the two of us, we walked up to him together, excited to find out what our presents would be.

"Take care." He gave us both a pat on the shoulder.

"Oh?" I sighed in disbelief, Sokka doing the same.

"Now, fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base to the east of here. General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu." Omashu. I completely forgot about the plans my father was involved in. An invasion was being planned and I haven't done anything about it. I hoped I wasn't the cause of something bad. I began to worry if the gang would hate me for this. "There, you will be safe to begin your earthbending training with King Bumi."

"Thanks for everything!" Katara spoke to Pakku as Sokka and I hopped onto Appa.

"Yip, yip!"

"Say hi to Gran-Gran for me!"

Appa soared through the sky, and we were about to start our new journey.

~

"I see. It's the anniversary, Isn't it?"

"Three years ago today I was banished. I lost it all. I want it back. I want the avatar, I want my honor, my throne. I want my father not to think i'm worthless."

"I'm sure he doesn't! Why would he banish you if he didn't care? ... That came out wrong, didn't it?"

~

"General Fong, I need to master all four elements before dualing the Fire Lord. The avatar state is something not to be fiddled with! It's way to soon for me to face him." Aang explained, a look of frustration creeping up on the general's face.