Silly fears

It was a dark and stormy night, but other than that it should have been quiet.
Well, it should have anyway.
The twisted ones were in the house, it was raining hard enough that Marie was worried about them getting muddy in those shallow graves they dug to hide during the day. Breanna didn't complain and sure enough the larger animatronics were huddled in the living room. Marie was currently with Ennard, and a few minirinas, getting the flashlights out, he was worried about a power outage. His fears were justified when there was suddenly a loud crack of lightning and the lights of the house flickered and died. When it happened, Breanna was with the twisted ones cleaning them off. She was wanting to make sure they were dry after being in the rain. When the lightning struck there was a yip and the sound of someone frantically running off. Poppet turned on his eye lights and looked around. "Is everyone alright?"
"Shoot, a fuse must have blown" Breanna mumbled before turning towards the kitchen. "Ennard, Marie! Did you get the flashlights out?"
"I got them!" Ennard yelled back. Soon enough he entered the room and handed a flashlight over to the woman, Marie wasn't far behind him, she was holding a flashlight and a minirina. Bugz looked around and made a confused noise, getting Quill's attention.
"Huh? What do you mean Bugz, Wolf is right here... wait what." Sure enough when Poppet shines his eye lights towards the spot wolf once was, he wasn't there anymore. "Where did he run off to?" Poppet mumbles before walker suddenly starts laughing. "The slimmer bugger ditched when it got dark! Ahaha!!" The fox continued to laugh as Marie and the minirina, Doc to be exact, started walking down the hall. Marie knew wolf to be the loud and scariest of the group, she didn't think he was afraid of anything, she wasn't sure if he could be afraid. But suddenly running off like this was out of character for him. Marie soon saw her bedroom door was open and shone the light inside. What she found was certainly a strange sight. Wolf was halfway hidden under her bed, head first, and was shaking like a leaf. Doc let out a giggle which alerted him of their presence.
"Go away!" He snapped, but it was muffled by the bed he was under.
"Are you okay? You just ran off." Marie trailed off. Doc hopped out of her arms and crawled up onto the bed, looking down at the twisted wolf. Another bolt of lightning rung out causing wolf to jump and try to burry himself further under the bed. Marie soon figured out what the real problem was, "you're scared of the storm!" She blinked in surprise wolf let out a pathetic growl.
"Yah yah laugh it up! The big bad Twisted Wolf is scared of some stupid rain and bad weather!" Thunder roared outside and wolf made a short whimper. Marie couldn't help but sympathize. She walked over next to him and sat down. "It's okay to be scared, I'm scared of stuff too."
"But I'm not supposed to be scared." Wolf argued, he sounded less aggressive like he usually was. "I'm supposed to cause the fear, I'd I was afraid of something it should be like something big and bad and can kick my ass. Not the fuckin weather!" He shook again. "It's just water and noise yet it fuckin terrifies me and is stupid!" Wolf's tail was frizzy and curled up against him. Marie was about to try and comfort him again when the door creaked. She looked up and spotted Poppet at the door. The bear seemed to catch onto the situation and joined Marie in sitting next to the bed.
"Not a single word, bear" Wolf pathetically Warned. Nodded and stayed quiet for a moment before he spoke.
"Needles"
"Hm?" Marie looked up at the twisted bear, and he clarified.
"I'm scared of needles, specifically syringes. I know, I used to use them all the time on the job. But one day I just couldn't handle carrying them anymore. I know the stuff they carry can't affect me but still..." the bear sighed, "it's the one thing I'll never carry again" Wolf was still hiding, but stayed quiet. Soon the door creaked again and Marie looked up and spotted Bugz, closely followed by Walker and Quills.
"Don't tell me everyone else is here too??" Wolf whined.
"I called for backup" poppet gave a small smile, Bugz was the first one next to the bed, he looked worried.
"Aha! Wow, I don't think you fit under there wolfie!" Walker laughed but got elbowed by Quills and quickly went quiet. "Sorry" he mumbled. Soon the other twisted ones were sitting around the bed, Quills spoke. "Is it the storm?" Poppet nodded, Marie quietly added. "He's also upset because of it, said it's silly to be afraid of it" Wolf again shook as thunder cracked outside.
Bugz made a chittering noise Marie recognizes as him talking, she didn't know what he was saying though.
"Don't like the woods? Isn't that where you usually worked?" Walker spoke and Bugz responded with a light scree as his ears folded.
"Ah, at night. Yah they can be spooky in he dark" Walker nodded. Quills crosses her arms and spoke next.
"I can't be in tight spaces anymore, I think it's called claustrophobia?" Marie nodded, she had it too. "I can handle any dug graves just fine, but any other place that's too small I just," She shutters and shakes her head. "Yah no" once she was done they all looked over to Walker, who gave a nervous smile. "Uh, yah I don't have any fear so hah" Quills nudged him with a slightly annoyed look.
"Okay okay I don't like spiders, have you seen how big those suckers can get? And the smaller ones crawling though my skeleton I just, eugh! Nope! Nuhuh! No way" doc had crawled over to the fox and giggled. "Whatcha lookin at squirt?" He looked down as the minirina giggled. Seemed they were going to remember that for later.
Wolf was quiet for a long minute before he finally spoke.
"We're supposed to cause fear... yet here we are afraid of stuff humans are" wolf sighed. "We suck at our jobs"
"Good thing we're retired then" poppet chuckled. Wolf put both hands on the edge of the bed and pulled himself out dork under it. His ears were still low and he clearly was still on edge, but he looked over at the other twisted animatronics and gave a small smile. "..Thanks" Walker grinned. "The pack sticks together!" And the other twisted ones made noises of agreement. Bugz suddenly jumped like he realized something and started chittering towards Marie, the girl blinked and looked towards the others and asked. "C-can someone translate please?"
"He said that Breanna and Ennard went to see if they could get the power back on. But if you ask me it's more likely a power line is down" poppet answered, them dug into his stomach pocket. "We've probably got some time to kill so..." he pulled out a deck of cards and shook them.
"Hell ya! I'm all for a round of poker." Walker grinned which got a laugh out of Quills. "I don't think Marie knows how to play poker."
"Uh, I know go fish?" The girl quietly chimes in while placing her flashlight on the bed so it could shine down on the play area, Doc had crawled back over to her and sat comfortably into the humans lap.
"So, lets go get some fish" wolf agreed as poppet took the cards out and shuffled them.
The rest of the night was spent playing cards in the dark and staying with wolf as the storm passed.