Goldie has the big sad

"Come on come on, work with me freddy" Julie mutters as she tries another attempt to rewire freddy. She closed the back panel and flipped the power switch,
Then she stood back and waited.
And waited.
And waited.
With a defeated sigh she put her tools down and leaned against the table. It must have happened last night, because when everyone came in that morning none of the animatronics were functioning.
Management had freaked out and freaked out hard. They couldn't open that day without any functioning animatronics. And with Julie as the head mechanic it was her job to try and bring them back, but nothing she did worked.
It was like their power source just up and fizzled out, and now the empty shells were all that remained.
But Julie felt like she knew what the real problem was, but the solution was something she wasn't able to do.
The children's souls must have moved on.
That was the only explanation for this. She should be happy, but it was bitter sweet.
The passing of the souls means that Freddy's wouldn't last much longer. She sighed.
"It's for the best." She threw a towel over her shoulder and started to leave the back to tell management the 'bad news' but as she reached for the door handle she paused.
She heard a muffled noise behind a wall. Julie turned and walked towards the sound. It was coming from a storage closet in the back.
And it sounded like crying.
Hesitantly, she pushed open the door and looked inside.
Curled up in a corner was Golden freddy, Julie vaguely sensed the shadows were with him, but keeping a distance. She quickly realized he was crying and she frowned.
"Oh Goldie." She entered the room and carefully approached the bear.
He looked up to acknowledge her, and Julie could see black, Inky tears rolling down his golden cheeks. Julie knew that the animatronics couldn't cry, but there was something about when one was haunted that made them act different, they were more emotive, emotional, and they could cry.
"T-they left without m-me" He hiccuped. Julie placed a hand on the bears back.
"They were just, just gone a-and that was it. Th-they didn't even say goodbye" he sobbed into his paws Julie took the work towel off of her shoulder to try and wipe away some of the tears, it was a frugal effort, as more continued to appear, but it was some comfort for the lonely bear.
"Even Cassy didn't say anything! I k-know we don't get along but. But I thought, we spent so long together I thought we had, I-I don't know, something." He hiccuped, looking up as Julie continued to wipe the tears from his eyes.
He looked over at the woman and his eyes fell flat. "I just... I thought we'd all go together.. they were my friends.. weren't they?" He asked, uncertain and pleasing. Julie paused and hummed in thought.
"I can't say I know what they were thinking, Golden, and I'm sure they do care about you but..." she sighed "I think they wanted to move on, for a while now, and they took the first chance they had. I can't blame them, they wanted out of here." Golden freddy looked down at the floor. "But... whatever happens, please know your not alone" she put a hand on his shoulder and gave a comforting squeeze. "I'm still here, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon" Golden freddy looked back up at the woman in surprise, Julie smiled warmly at him.
The bear caved and hugged into her, crying into her shoulder. Julie hugged back and rubbed circles into his back as the bear sobbed.
Whatever happens, she wasn't going to abandon him.