t h i r t y

25 MAY 2034

25 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A 1

when namjoon opened the door, hoseok struggled to form the words in his mouth and a string of unintelligible words slipped out along with some related hurried hand motions. namjoon grabbed ahold of hoseok's shoulders as he questioned the reason behind hoseok's panic attack. being unable to speak, he handed the phone over to the elder.

namjoon read the lines over and over again, static starting to form behind his eyes and in his ears.

"we need to go. we need to leave, now." hoseok said, his voice breaking. the pair stared intently at each other and before namjoon could speak hoseok bolted out the front door, pulling the hood of his hoodie swiftly over his head.

namjoon cursed as he rushed to his room where jin was sleeping next to the vacant position the former was supposed to be in. namjoon called out to his hyung and the house went into havoc once again.

jin's eyes started tearing up as the worst possible scenarios flashed in his mind, chilling him to the bone. namjoon noticed so he cradled the older's face in his hands as he spoke.

"hyung, we don't have time, grab yoongi and follow me."

s t r e e t 3 : mo t i o nd e t e ct e d !

RECORD ¿

[ Y E S / N O ]

[ Y E S / N O ]

You have selected ‣ YES

with that namjoon left. he bolted down the street, his lungs burning as his eyes scanned the passing streets, rapidly. he could feel his feet slapping the ground harshly synchronizing with his heartbeat.

an animalistic scream made him freeze. the sound increased by sound and number. his blood ran cold and he felt as if his limbs were merely stoned.

jin grabbed namjoon by the hand and pulled him to the side where they crouched down inside a stranded car. namjoon glanced at jin and realization hit him like a sudden gush of cold wind.

"where's yoongi?"

jin glanced out the window from his crouched position by the passenger seat and he whispered,

"he went the other way. the creatures aren't smart enough to go both ways so either us or yoongi is safe. he said that he will text us if he finds jeongguk and hoseok."

namjoon furrowed his eyebrows realizing what a bad idea it was, but the sounds of hurried footsteps caused him to close his mouth. the footsteps got nearer and nearer to the car and even though the windows were closed the pair could smell the rotting meat wafting through the air as the creatures got close.

in the dark, namjoon's hand found jin's and his other hand found its way to his mouth. jin watched from his position as one in particular moved way closer to the window of the car and if it glanced through the window, they would be caught red-handed.

the creature froze and so did the pair in the car.

after a moment's hesitation the creature huffed as it turned around following its pack down the road. namjoon and jin peaked out and watched patiently as the creatures walked further and further away towards the direction they came from. and when they were a considerable distance away, they relaxed as they let go of each others' hands.

after a moment of silence packed with tension and shock, namjoon spoke softly,

"let's go."