t w e l v e

6 MAY 2034

6 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  1

"how many times do I have to tell you jeongguk? we do not say those words anymore." namjoon remarked as he removed his coat off his shoulders, his eyes set on his friend's. "at times like this we have to have each other's' backs okay?"

jeongguk sighed softly as he looked at namjoon apologetically.

"i'm sorry, I'll let him know tomorrow." jeongguk muttered softly and namjoon's eyes softened. he ruffled the younger's hair affectionately as he brushed past him with a small smile, which jeongguk returned spontaneously.

"go to bed, kiddo." namjoon uttered not bothering to look behind his back as he waltzed into his room but jeongguk could hear the smile in the older's voice.

namjoon walked to his bed and fell onto it, face first before heaving a very audible sigh. but the fall wasn't as comfortable as the other times as he realized he had fallen onto something firm.

something that wasn't there before.

he sat up immediately as he glared down at the bed. namjoon felt this breathing halt. his hands started to feel clammy as his eyes dropped to the small box that was laid out neatly in the middle of the satin sheets.

he reached out slowly as he lifted the lid of the white package, cautiously. he stared at the item inside, a crease forming between his eyebrows.

along with a red rose, was a phone.

he turned it on as he peeped into the box one last time before discarding it. he placed the rose on the tabletop as his eyes read the words that glared up at him through the screen.

"use when needed. but use wisely." it read. he immediately swiped the screen as he started to scrutinize the device thoroughly. he realized that the device had no content whatsoever except for six other numbers in his contact list.

along with a contact number with the title 'ROSE'. namjoon shivered, visibly.

he rushed to jeongguk's room to see the boy sitting on his bed peering at the screen of the device in his hands curiously.

"you got one too?" jeongguk questioned, motioning to the gadget in namjoon's hand. namjoon nodded before swiping at the screen, pressing taehyung's number.

he held it to his ear, guardedly and sure enough, he heard rings on the other line.

"hello?" a voice spoke startling namjoon, who jumped slightly but managed to compose himself.

"hey, it's me namjoon, has jimin got one too?" namjoon interrogated and he heard a distressed yes on the other side.

namjoon looked at jeongguk and he could see the fear in the older's eyes cutting through the darkness that was gradually creeping through the curtains.

"meet me here tomorrow. let the others know as well."