t h i r t y e i g h t

02 JUNE 2034

◣ C A M E R A 1

yoongi found himself frozen in place for a few seconds before the sudden panic settled in. it came in waves. he wanted to grab a weapon, anything he could get his hands on, but if it meant taking his eyes off the boy at door,

he didn't want to risk it.

"who are you?" yoongi spoke through gritted teeth. fear now replaced with progressively developing anger, he stared.

the masked man walked closer. slow steps until he was within yoongi's arms reach. he reached into the pocket of his leather jacket and yoongi didn't fail to notice the rose flower that was engraved onto the chest of the jacket.

the boy took out a knife. yoongi could almost picture the masked man's face, brightening up with a cold-blooded smile as his knife turned in a slow, agonizing pace towards yoongi.

"i thought you would've figured it out by now."

c h e c k i n g   s t a t s ...

l o a d i n g ‒‒‒‒

REVEAL B̴̭͈̞͈͇͑̉̔̽̍E̸̡̧̢̙̪̤̞͕͕̎̀͑̎̈́͆͌́͜T̵̨̢̡͈͕̙̮̫͉̈́̅̾̽̔͝ͅR̵̢̡͙͓̜͉̅͂̓̉Ą̵̦̗̹̜̽̀̈́͒͘Y̷̡̥̲̠̅̓̎̋͝Ẽ̷͔̫̏Ṛ̵̛̳͔̘͈̩̥̱̓͆̈́̎   ¿

[ Y E S / N O ]

[ Y E S / N O ]

You have selected ▸ YES

the boy reached up to his face to unfasten his mask, as yoongi's breath slowed. he wasn't scared anymore.

he was petrified.

the voice. The boy's voice sounded so familiar to the point it made shivers run down yoongi's spine along with the sudden tug at his heart that announced something was odd.

the mask was off.

and the boy stood a few feet away from yoongi. his face was bare for yoongi to examine, but the latter didn't need time to let the image sink in. the reality of what he was seeing before his very eyes, shattered him to the bone. he didn't feel like crying.

he wanted the ground to swallow him whole. yoongi wanted to wake himself up from the dream he was certain this was. static rang in his ears and behind his eyes as he muttered,

"j-jeongguk?"

jeongguk smirked, the corner of his lips curving upwards as he rolled his eyes.

"yoongi, hyung. let me explain." he tsked before a sudden change of expression morphed his face into one with innocence. yoongi found himself stepping away, the distance between the two increasing with every passing second.

"yes, explain! w-what are you- what is going on?" yoongi remarked. he wanted to scream for help but deep down he knew, this wasn't the same boy he once knew and loved dearly.

this jeongguk wouldn't hesitate to lunge a knife at his throat.

"the ROSE sent me a message, hyung. multiple." jeongguk started, pocketing his knife before sitting himself down on yoongi's bed. he patted the empty space next to him and yoongi followed. "they explained to me and i decided to help them."

yoongi staggered backwards, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion and distress. he waited for jeongguk to continue, maybe if he kept him talking, the other two would walk in as luck would have it.

but deep down, yoongi needed an explanation. clarity of some sort. even if it meant he was going to end up dead.

"hyung, they're twisting our minds don't you realise it?" jeongguk exasperated, his arms moving wildly as he explained. "they made us believe that survival was the way to win this game, cause they knew in the end all of us will have to witness each other die. they wanted to see torture. they gave me the chance to speed up the process--

so no, hyung,  survival is not the way to win ROSE's game, it's dying."