t w e n t y s e v e n

17 MAY 2034

17 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  1

jeongguk was the first to break the silence.

"w-what do you mean, this was a murder?" he spoke softly as if the volume of his voice would cause damage of some sort. "you mean a person, like those in the movies, killed—"

"yes, jeongguk, a person killed taehyung." hoseok said, squeezing jeongguk's quivering hand with his.

"so if a person killed taehyung—" namjoon spoke, choosing his next words cautiously. "the murderer is here among us, right now."

jin choked on his breath as he glanced around the room, drawing himself further away from the others. jeongguk's eyes widened as his breathing intensified. namjoon studied the guys' expressions carefully as he pulled hoseok's notebook towards him.

"let's get this sorted, who knows? maybe there is no murderer. maybe that's what the ROSE wants us to think."

"like, reverse psychology or some shit?"

namjoon nodded as he jotted something down on the ashen paper. he glanced at the four curious faces in front of him.

"who does that ring belong to?"

yoongi made a small sound in the back of his throat before answering with a small me, he knew it was his because of the letters myg engraved on it, and all heads turned to look his way. namjoon spoke a few words of affirmation under his breath before speaking.

"who saw him last?"

"i did. i was having a drink last night and taehyung came over and we talked about... stuff for a little while, things didn't get that heated as far as i can remember—"

"what do you mean 'as far as i can remember'?" hoseok spoke accusingly, a crease forming in between his brows. yoongi's head turned to look at the speaker.

"you know about my lack of alcohol tolerance." yoongi said softly. "but i assure you taehyung and i didn't get physical."

the group remained silent. yoongi could feel the tension and the soundless accusations.

"guys, why are you staring at me like that?" "i didn't kill him—

"but you have a perfect reason to do so." muttered jin earning a pointed look from yoongi. yoongi managed to limit his anger as he spoke carefully.

"i'm not that twisted of a person besides why are you so against me, are you sure he's not the one who did all of that?" yoongi remarked, now losing his patience and he lifted an accusatory hand towards jin's direction.

the conflict began. their voices rising along with the tension in the room. words of accusation and justification rang in everyone's ears while they lost themselves amidst the argument.

"well, what about hoseok, huh? didn't he say he was up late 'working'?" jin said using air quotes while hoseok took a sharp intake of breath as he glared at jin.

the tension in the room became overwhelming for the youngest among them as his bottom lip started to quiver. quiet sobs started to escape his lips as he glanced around the boys who were throwing curse words at eac h other. jeongguk knew things were getting serious.

namjoon noticed jeongguk's actions as he yelled out a couple of words, making the whole room return to its usual melancholic silence.

"guys calm down, this is what the ROSE wants."

"well then, stop accusing me for fucking murdering my own friend." yoongi muttered glancing over at the younger.

"i know, i know. we're not accusing you, we're just making sure, that's all."

yoongi remained silent and stoic as jin stared down at his hands that were laced together, hanging between his knees. jeongguk too, quietened down as he observed his friends through his damp lashes.

"i'm sorry yoongi, it's just that we can't trust anyone right now. not even ourselves. i'm sorry."