Chapter 6

It's a strange morning. I've bounced back into my routine from before the night of the party. I woke up rather early and went down stairs for tea. I now sit on a seat in my living room watching reruns off saved by the bell. I have a feeling that I will not be seeing Michael any time soon.

I thought I hated Michael. I thought Michael hated me. I was so sure of it. But now I'm not. The feelings that bubbled up in me after the kiss were foreign. His reaction Worries me. Am I that bad of a kisser? I know he didn't actually have to leave.

Thinking about this now will do nothing but confuse me further. I need a distraction. And I know that Jenna's pointless boy drama will do just that. I press on her contact on my phone and wait for her to answer.

"Hey!" She picks up right away. Her always cheery voice makes me smile.

"Hi, pleaseeee tell me your not busy right now!"

"Lucky for you, I'm not. Why?"

"Cause I want you to come over."

"I thought you where grounded?"

"I am but they aren't home right now."

"Oh thank god I have so much to tell you! I'll be right over!" I roll my eyes and laugh. She hung up before I could even say bye. She only lives a block away so I know she'll be here soon.

I wait a few minutes until I hear the front door of my house open. Jenna runs in and tackles me on the couch in a hug. "I've missed you!" She squeals.

"I missed you too!" She settles herself on my couch and I sit up into Indian style.

"Soooooo Dylan wants me back!" She smirks in achievement. Her and Dylan have been on and off for awhile. They aren't in love. They are like a step up from fuck buddies. They refuse to to just be fuck buddies because they would get jealous if the other was hooking up with someone else. It's kinda fucked up but there isn't much I can do. The most I can do is comfort Jenna every time they break up.

"AH! That's great! What did you say?" I ask trying to sound as excited for her as I can manage.

"Well this time I've decided that I wanna play hard to get you know? Like mess around with his head a little bit, spice things up." I laugh at her confusing tricks. But unfortunately her plan makes me wonder. Is Michael just trying to mess with my head? Is he doing it out of hate?

"Uh Izzy? You still with me?" Jenna claps her hands in my face, taking me out of my deep thoughts. I blink and shake my head in attempt to clear my mind.

"Ya sorry. Yea I think it's smart to do that to Dylan."

"Mhm me to." She eyes me cautiously "tell me what's on your mind."

"Nothing I was just staring into space."

"I'm not buying it." She narrows her eyes at me. "Is it a boy or family?"

I desperately wanna spill everything to her. I take a deep breath. "It's a little bit of both." I confess.

"Ooo well tell me bout it! Start with the boy, that sounds juicy." She winks at me and I give her a slight smile.

"Well I can't tell you much, but there's a guy who is confusing the fuck out of me." She nods along. "I think he might just be playing with my mind."

"That's it? That's all you're gonna tell me? Really?"

"Jenna I really can't tell you! If I could I would!" She rolls her eyes, she's lucky Michael isn't here to see that.

"Whatever." I know she's slightly mad but I can't do anything about that. "Well then tell me about your parents."