Chapter 3

The look of worry on my mother's face makes me fill with guilt. "Hi mom" I give her a weak smile while she rushes up to me to give me a hug.

"We were so worried about you." She backs away and gives me a stern look. "Tell me where you were right now!"

"I'm so sorry!" I say while trying to piece together the perfect excuse. "Uh my phone died and Jenna had gone home with someone and I was drinking so I didn't want to drive home so I got a ride with my friend and slept at her house." I tell my parents. Thankfully the cop didn't pay any attention to the drinking factor of the night.

"And who is this 'friend'." My mom asks.

"Uh Mich...elle, Michelle." I say with a unsure voice.

My moms eyebrow raise with question and I start to get nervous. "Okay" she nods "Well we are just glad that your home safely and in one piece." I feel my body relax.

"But" My dad adds "To make sure this doesn't happen again, your grounded for a week."

"Dad I'm 18, you can't ground me!"

"The hell I can! As long as you live under my roof you will follow my rules!" I roll my eyes and head up the stairs to my room while the cop leaves my home.

I'm extremely happy to be home but being stuck in this house for a week will suck. I reach for my back pocket but then I remember that a not so kind gang member ran over my phone.

I reach for the house line in my room and dial Jenna. She picks up on the 4th ring.

"Izzy!? OMG are you okay!? I was so worried when your parents told me they didn't know where you were! I tried to call a billion times but you never answered!"

"Jenna calm down I'm fine. My phone died at the party and I couldn't find you so I stayed at Michael's." My eyes widen as I realize what slipped out of my mouth. I frantically look around my room. I was told that Michael was looking over me. He could have heard that.

"Michael hmm?"

"Did I say Michael? I meant Michelle ha ops" I say with an uneasy voice.

"Michelle who?" It's easy for Jenna to tell when I'm lying.

"From our science class last year. You don't remember her?" I try to get Jenna to believe me.

"Nope. Anyways, come over I'm bored." I sigh, thankful that Jenna dropped the conversation.

"I can't I'm grounded for being late."

"You suck! Well if you can't come over I'm gonna go meet up with Dylan." I roll my eyes at the name of her Ex. They are always hooking up.

"Okay bye"

"Bye" I hang up and look around my room. I never thought I would sit on this bed again. I feel a smile spreads across my face. I decide that I'm in desperate need of a shower. I'm still in my clothes from the party that wreaks of alcohol.

I walk into the bathroom and start up the shower.

I stand in the shower thinking. Like almost everyone else in the world, while the water runs down my body I go over everything that has recently happened in my life. There are many people that I can blame for yesterday's events. I can blame Jenna for forcing me to go to the party in the first place. I can blame my parents for allowing me to go to the party. I can blame the group of guys outside of the party for scaring me into not returning to the party. I can blame Michael for being so loud. I can also blame Michael and Calum for being at the lot. But I know this is all my fault. I'm still extremely scared. If anything slips out of my mouth I'll be dead within the second.

I get out of the shower and quickly get dressed. I dry my hair and walk down the steps into the living room. My mom is finishing cooking in the kitchen. She looks my way and smiles. I sit at the table and watch her cook.

"Mom I have a slight problem." Worry sparks up in her eyes.

"What is it are you alright?"

"Yes just I think my phone was stolen."

"What!? Was it that Michelle girl?" Oh mom if only you knew. I refrain from rolling my eyes.

"No but there was a few sketchy guys at the party that might have taken it."

"Okay well we can file a report tomorrow at the station." I panic! Michael doesn't want me saying anything to anyone affiliated with the law.

"No no no never mind! I'll just ask around if anyone accidentally took it"

"Are you sure? It would be no trouble." I shake my head as she sets the food on the table and calls my dad into the room.

We eat mostly in silence other than the times that my mom desperately tries to keep a conversation with my dad.

After the last two days all I want is a nice long nights sleep. I know Michael will be coming tonight so I can't go to sleep yet. I get dressed into my pajamas and lock the door. Resting until Michael gets here won't hurt anyone so I lay on my bed and turn on the tv.

I must of dozed off because I wake to the feeling of being watched.

Michael is standing over me starring at me. I sit up quickly and attempt to cover myself with the blankets. He blinks and continues to stare in deep thought.

"Uh hi" I blush.

"What did you do today?"

"Thanks I'm good how are you?"

"Shut the fuck up and tell me what you did! I'm not here for conversation I'm here to find out what you did and leave." He bends closer to me.

"I I uh um I came home, spoke to my parents, went into my room an.."

"What did you tell your parents?" He cuts me off.

"I told them that I was drunk and my phone died and I didn't want to drive home so I stayed at my friends house."

"What name did you give them?" I feel myself go white.

"Michelle" I whisper out.

He narrows his eyes then nods "Good, what else did you do?"

"I called Jenna and gave her the same story. Then I took a shower and ate dinner and came up stairs and here we are now."

"Okay" he nods. "Spill anything and you'll be dead"

"I know. You have told me at least 100 times" I roll my eyes. Michael roughly grabs my chin and turns my head to him.

"Don't ever roll your eyes at me again!" His hisses. I gulp and nod.

He lets go and I sit in silence for a few moments. Seeing that he isn't leaving I decide to speak up.

"Why are you still here?"

"Because I want to be." He sits on the end of my bed and watches my tv. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well then while your here, you should know that you owe me a phone."

"I don't owe you shit!" He snaps his head towards me. "If anything you owe my for sparing your life."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Well it's ether you get me a new one or my mom is going to file a police report."

He rolls his eyes. "She better not file any type of report or she'll be dead." My eyes widen. "I'll get you a new phone tomorrow." He continues watching my TV.

If he hates me so much I don't understand why he's still here.

I decide to lay back down. After about 30 minutes he gets up and walks to the window.

"Be ready at 11am and we will go and get you a new phone." He looks at my while climbing over the ledge.

"I can't go, you got me grounded." He chuckles.

"Just be ready."

The last thing I want to do is be in a car with Michael again.