Chapter 1

I look at the glowing numbers on my phone. It reads 2:16am. Shit! My curfew was 12:30am. I'm totally screwed. This is the third time this month that I have been late for my curfew. My parents are going to give me hell.

I have about 20 missed calls from my mom, dad and my best friend Jenna. I would love to call them back but my phone is at 4%. And to make matters worse I'm lost in the middle of the worst part of the city.

Jenna and I were at a party. It was only 10 blocks away from where I am now. But there is no way I can go back.

As I was leaving the party I overheard a group of guys talking about a gang fight. My parents are already mad at me for being late. The last thing I need is for them being pissed at me because I'm in jail.

I had originally left the party to find Jenna. She had gone outside with a boy and I was worried for her. Obviously I didn't find her or else I wouldn't be here right now.

I continue to walk down the dark street. After a few blocks I find myself at an alleyway leading to the water. Maybe if I go down to the water I can try and get an idea of where I am. All I know about my location is that I am know where near home. There is no one outside at this time of night other then hobos and drug addicts. I'll admit i'm kinda scarred. I walk to the water front and look into the distance.

I hear a harsh voice coming from my left. It makes me curious of course. I walk closer to the sound and hide behind a large dumpster. I see three guys. They are all very tall ands dangerous looking. One of them has colored hair. I recognize him from the party. The other two guys stand strangely close. I realize that one of them is strangling the other.

All of a sudden the boy with the colored hair punches the boy being strangled. I quickly cover my mouth to keep from making a sound. The boy with the colored hair yells profanities at the boy who is now struggling for breath. The tall tan boy strangling the other boy knees him to the ground and releases him.

"Did you really think you could fuck us over like that John?" The colored hair boy says with venom in his words.

"Michael I swear I didn't have the intentions of this happening! It was Deglo who wanted to fuck you over!" John pleaded.

"I've heard all these excuses before" Michael said with disgust "Take care of it Calum"

The tall tan boy I now no as Calum, ties what looks like weights around John's legs.

I was getting more scared by the second. Michael walks closer to John while putting gloves on. He mumbles a few words and then places both of his hands on the sides of Johns face. He snaps Johns neck taking away his life within a second. I cant help but let out a screech. Michael and Calum snap there heads towards me.In attempt to stay unnoticed I shift behind the dumpster more, but I know Michael has spotted me.

"I'll handle it" Michael sighs to Calum. I'm to scarred to move. I have just witnessed a murder. I shake while Michael comes my way. Behind him, Calum throws John's limp body into the water. Michael looks more annoyed then anything else. I get up slowly and turn to run away but Michael catches me around the waist before I can even take 5 steps. I scream but Michael's large hand covers my mouth muffling any sound I try to make. I kick and wiggle in attempt to free myself from his grip. He starts to carry me to a car. I don't want to end up like John.

"Shut the fuck up" he says harshly into my ear.

His voice send chills down my spine.

"I'll meet you at the house when i'm done with her" Michael tells Calum.

I cant stop crying. I'm too young to die. I want to grow old. I don't want murder to be my cause of death. Michael shifts my body and opens the car door. He throws me in and ties my hands to the seat. The look in his eyes terrifies me. He looks at me and slams the door. The loud noise causes me to jump. He rounds the car and gets in next me. I cry in my seat.

"If you shut the fuck up and listen to me i won't have to kill you" Michael tells me in a frustrated tone while he pulls out of the lot.

I have seen this in movies, the killer tells the victim that they wont be killed and then kills them a few minutes later. My possible fate scares me.

I try to silence my whimpering as best as I can. Michael speeds down a dark road while lighting the cigarette that hangs from his lips.

"Where-where are you taking me?" I get the courage to ask.

"Somewhere that I can figure this shit out" he stares at me intently.

"Please just bring me home I promise I won't tell anyone!"

A dark chuckles escapes his throat "You just watched me kill a man and you think i'm going to let you go? Well baby your in for a rude awakening. Your gonna have to stick with me for a little while." He gives me a smirk that makes me shiver.

"No!" I panic "No i'm already late as it is, I need to get home! My parents have been calling me non stop there gonna be pissed if I don't come home tonight!"

"Shit" Michael pulls over. "Give me your phone" He extends his hand to me.

I hesitate. "Give me the fucking phone" He gives me a deadly glare.

"Its in my pocket" I don't feel comfortable with him touching me but my hands are tied and i don't want to die tonight. He takes my phone and smashes it against the dashboard.

"Hey! Thats my phone what the fuck dude!?"

"I don't need the cops tracking us down" He says while throwing my phone out the window. He puts the car in drive and runs over my phone. I sink into my seat as I realize that I might never see my family and friends again.

We have been driving for what seems to be an hour, i'm not really sure. I am extremely tired but there is no way in hell that I will let my self fall asleep while sitting next to a killer like michael. A ringing fills the cars silence. Michael takes his phone out of his pocket. "Luke" he says into the phone. " No i'm not going to" he glances at me "Yea she saw the entire thing" i don't like that he is talking about "No way!"

"Cant i just drop her of somewhere?" "Alright whatever I'll see you then"

He hangs up and looks at me "What?" I ask with a bigger attitude then I intended.

"Nothing" He says while narrowing his eyes at me.

We drive in silence for what feels like another 15 minutes. I stare out the window and try to distract my self from my current situation. I miss my bed. I would give anything to be back home.

"Whats your name" Michael asks out of nowhere.

"None of your business" I state with the biggest attitude I can mange at the moment

Michael grabs my chin and turns my head towards him. The pressure he applies to my face hurts "Don't you dare get smart with me! Tell me your fucking name before I change my mind about not killing you!" He tells me with a raised voice.

"Its Is-Isabelle" I stutter out.

"Isabelle." He repeats while smirking to himself. Before i know it we arrive at a large home. Michael looks at me "This is where you'll be staying for awhile." He tells me while my heart drops into my stomach.