Caleb breathes out a sharp breath through his nose. "Nice try," he says roughly before opening the kitchen door and shuffling me through.

He places me down on the island and instantly grips the back of my neck gently to get a better look at my wound. "Let me look," he says into my ear. I retract and push his hands away.

"Just leave it," I grumble.

Caleb's eyes stare back at me hard. "What has happened? What did he say Eva—"

The kitchen door is swung open which makes Caleb stop talking as we both turn our heads in the direction of the sound.

"Oh my God Evan, Jax just told me what happened!" Ava's voice exclaims. Lucy is beside her and they both rush towards me completely pushing Caleb out of the way. I don't dare look at him again because I hated the way I was thinking at the minute, I was being an asshole and I knew it.

A few other pack members step into the house including Felix and Zara who give me worried glances.

"Let me see," Lucy says as she does exactly what Caleb did a few moments ago. I move my head to the side so that she can have a look, I almost wince at the pain but I don't.

"Shit Evan, this is not good. I think you might need stitches." She says to me. I quickly shake my head, I didn't want to go to the hospital. That is literally the last thing I wanted to do right now.

"Let me see," Ava says from the other side of me as Lucy moves away to route through the cupboards. When my eyes look up I'm met by Caleb's eyes as he leans against the cupboards to my right. His arms are folded securely over his chest, his fingers gripping onto his biceps.

I blink and look away. "Oh shit indeed," Ava confirms. "It's a bad hit Evan, you really don't want that to get infected."

A sigh leaves my lips and before I know it Lucy is beside me again.

"Where is Jaxon?" I question quietly to Ava.

"Hold tight Evan, this is gonna sting," Lucy says behind me as she raises up a cloth to my head. She presses it into my wound and I instant hiss at the unbelievable stinging sensation.

"Fuck," I curse as I clamp my eyes shut and grip onto the edge of the island tightly.

"I'm sorry," Lucy winces beside me as she cleans my wound gently.

Ava's eyes look up to me and she smiles softly. "He's upstairs talking to Sam," she tells me. I resist the urge to roll my eyes, he's probably telling Jaxon stupid lies to make himself sound like a saint.

Once Lucy had cleaned up my blood she inspects the cut carefully. "I really think this is going to need stitches Evan,"

"No," I say instantly as my heart sinks in my chest. I hated not being able to heal, I seemed weak and unable to do anything. It was embarrassing. "I don't want stitches."

"It's not a case of what you want Evan, it's what you need. This could seriously get infected and we don't want that." Lucy tells me gently.

I instantly shake my head. "I'm not going to the hospital to get stitches, it's not happening." I say sharply.

"Evan please, you need to get it checked out," Ava says beside me, her eyes are filled with concern.