1

It was late at night, it was raining was heavily pouring on the road, and all that could be heard was the sound of crying

It was late at night, it was raining was heavily pouring on the road, and all that could be heard was the sound of crying. The sound of a crying infant to be specific. 

There was a baby, in a blanket, and in a basket. 

Even though the baby was given blankets, it was still shivering as though it did not have one. There was a girl, inside her apartment. 

She was preparing for her final exams, she was going to finish college soon, and she needed to be ready for the exam. She shook her head in frustration, even though she had loved the rain, it was not helping her at the moment.

Then, suddenly, there was a knock on her door. The knock was incredibly rapid, almost as though the person on the other side of the door was rushing to get out of the place that they were in.

Stella James' head had snapped to where the door was. The sound was loud in the room, there was nothing occurring in Stella's home other than her studying. The place was otherwise completely silent. 

Stella had then gotten up and had begun to walk towards the door, not knowing what to expect on the other side of the door.

Then, when she had heard the baby crying, she opened the door in a hurry worrying for the child who at one point was going to begin screeching. The baby has it's face scrunched up and looked as though it was uncomfortable. 

Stella had then very hesitantly leaned down towards the baby, taking her in Stella's arms and then Stella had begun to rock the baby.

The baby had then begun to calm down, and then Stella spoke down the corridor,

"Hello?"

"Is there anyone here?"

"Who's baby is this?" 

Stella had said into the corridor and she had gotten no response. 

Stella had bent down towards the basket, and she then saw a note attached to the basket.  Stella had pulled it out of the basket and it read:

Hello Stella,

You do not know who I am, but I know who you are. The wolf who can control her shifting, a rare gift to have. This baby is one that I can no longer take care of, and I have deemed her to be safe in your hands. This baby is 6 months old at the moment, and her name is Ivy. 

Take care of her as if she was your own.

Regards,

And there was no name at the end of the letter. 

There they were, a woman and a child. They were both standing in the corridor together, and both of them had no idea what the future would hold for them. 

Though, when Stella glanced down at the baby, Ivy, and then Ivy smiled at her, she knew that she was going to be okay with raising her.