17.6 The True Hero

Start from the beginning

Yet, for the first time after is admittance, the heart started beating normally.

Yan JiaYi only took a few seconds before he was able to register the situation. Without further ado, he pulled his body out from the bed. However, his movements were taken aback by the tubes connected to his body. It made him feel the pain of having his skin outstretched by the needles.

However, this little pain did not matter. Ignoring the blots of blood forming on his hospital gown, Yan JiaYi swiftly pulled the tubes away from his body. The machine receiving no contact from the patient immediately send off a loud signal. Yan JiaYi ignored the cries of the machines as he quickly stormed towards the door.

Even though it was already night, there are still people on shift actively watching the monitoring devices. They were just recording the vital signals received from the machines when suddenly one of them beeped madly. The personnel in charge quickly issued an announcement that made the doctors and nurses hurry on the area.

But they were still in the hallway when the door of their destination suddenly opened. And it wasn't just the simple opening but a loud one. BANG! All the medical forces that were determined to go straight ahead in the war were stopped by the loud noise. Some of them even yelped with surprise.

Yan JiaYi casually walked out of the room and found the group of dumbfounded professionals. A group and a person stared at each other for a while before someone made a move. It was Yan JiaYi who quickly turned around to run away from them. This action made the medical people start moving to catch Yan JiaYi down.

However, the swiftness of the youth's movement avoided their grasp. Nobody was able to touch a single thread from him. His jovial movements made the doctors question if he was really that sick person. But before they could understand the situation, Yan JiaYi is already a few meters away.

"Ca-catch him!" A doctor yelled in determination.

"Call the Police!" Yan JiaYi replied in a louder voice. "CALL THE POLICE FIRST!"

Yan JiaYi no longer looks back after telling them his intention. He quickly went to the stairs and skipped some steps. He was already on the last flight when a person suddenly appeared. Yan JiaYi was too late seeing the person but he still adjusted his movements so the collision won't be too much.

The other person is just walking side by side with a little boy when he noticed a flying object coming over. Thinking of the safety of his child, he did not dodge the incoming force and let the person collide with him. Yan JiaYi managed a safe landing as he leans to the other person.

Yan JiaYi waited for a few seconds to stabilize his footing before facing the person. He looks up at the person whom he collided with and was stunned to see a familiar face. Like a madman, he pulled the collar of the person with force.

"H-hey, what's your prob-"

"You need to help me," Yan JiaYi announced.

"Hu-, what?" The other person responded.

"You have to help me," Yan JiaYi repeated.

"W-why would I?"

"JUST. HELP. ME," Yan JiaYi gritted his teeth. "Or else, you will regret it."

The other person is older than Yan JiaYi so he wasn't easily moved. He stared at the mad youth when he heard noises coming from upstairs. Looking up, he found the group of nurses and doctors pointing the youth before him. They seem to want to catch the guy.

"What are you looking at? Just help me get away here!" Yan JiaYi persisted, tightening the hold on his collar.

The person furrowed his brows. Why should he follow what this patient says? Why would he help someone whom he barely knows?

"Papa?" A small young voice sounded behind the older man.

Yan JiaYi heard a small voice coming from the person. Both of them looked at the small kid standing beside them. The child was looking at them confusedly as he held a candy on his hand. The person softened his expression while looking at his son while Yan JiaYi's eyes widened. He quickly let go of the person's collar and went over to carry the child on his arms.

"H-HEY! What are you doing!" He was suddenly alerted. This mad patient is now holding his son!

Yan JiaYi ignored the distressed look of the father and look at the child on his embrace. The kid did not seem to be scared with him since the kid just stared at him without crying. Yan JiaYi patted the smooth hair of the child and said with a gentle but persuading tone.

"Hey, help me, okay? We are going to save your mother. You understand?" Yan JiaYi loudly announced.

The father flinched after he heard what Yan JiaYi said while the kid only tilted his head on the side.

"Huh? My mother?" The child seems to be lost for a while.

However, the word mother triggered a feeling in his heart. He suddenly looks very nervous, shifting his attention from Yan JiaYi to his father. The corners of his eyes reddened as he started to struggle from Yan JiaYi. Yan JiaYi quickly placed the kid on the floor as it hurriedly runs towards its father.

The kid did not ask for his father to carry him. Instead, he tightly clutched his father's pants as he looks up at him with wide teary eyes. With soft sobbing sounds, the child begs for his father's attention asking him with determination. His eyes tell his very desire.

Save him... Please save him this time...

The man did not like how Yan JiaYi manipulated his son but he still followed. Giving the kid into one of his guards, the person followed Yan JiaYi to the parking area. Since Yan JiaYi has nothing to use, he ordered the older man to drive away.

"Step on the fucking gas! Don't even dare to stop on the red light!" Yan JiaYi yelled.

"Stop shouting! What is your problem?" The older man managed to calmly reply. "Did you not know that I could be charged with a crime with what I am doing?"

Yan JiaYi sat on the passenger's chair with a sly, "serves you right."

"What-"

The older man swiveled the steering wheel hardly when a car suddenly appeared before them aiming for a close crash.

=======================================================================

Yay! I Updated!