𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

Time: 9:00am

Location: Gotham Central

"Move It, people, move it!", exclaimed the traffic guard, who stood in the center of the intersection. Looking around, you recognized a few of their faces. They reflected flashes of yellow from the bright uniform they wore. You wondered how they managed to do this every day. It's like they never seemed to lose their voices.

Crossing the grey and white concrete, you continued your way to work. The walk from your apartment to Gotham City Police Department wasn't super long, nor super short. It was just the right amount of time to put your earbuds in, and peacefully trail through the pile of bustling civilians, -when you weren't running late and forced into your car of course-.

You released a troubled breath, spotting a large billboard that depicted the entire bat family, even a familiar anti-hero you adored so much...

It's been at least three months since your confrontation with him, and were you holding up well?

Yea.

At least in your mind, you thought you were.

You were doing way better than you were the first week of your.. departure. The first few days you would just cry and cry, then read some books Jason would read to you, and continuing crying. He even continuously called your phone for a few weeks straight, but then ended up stopping once you confronted him about it.

For now, you busied yourself with work and even hung out a few times with your friends. Though, you had still managed to cage yourself in your room. But you couldn't help it. You enjoyed being alone, more than interacting with people. It was something you had grown used to when you developed, just like everything else.

In a lifetime like this, the numerous tragedies that had happened, didn't phase you anymore. Sure, you felt emotional like everyone else, but you knew how to keep yourself together, even when you wanted to break down. Yet, you felt a bit empty...without Jason by your side.

Upon approaching your workplace, you allowed the receptionist to scan your ID. Afterward, you went through a body scanner to check for any unnecessary weapons and anything that could potentially signal 'danger'. Gotham had cracked down pretty hard on workers, after the 'Arkham' incident.

Grabbing your new files from your supervisor, you made your way to your office, closing the door and plopping down at your desk. Rummaging through your files, you started with the hardest one, opting to work your way down to the easiest when you were feeling less motivated. You sat there for a good few hours, speeding through them with ease. It was all better than sitting and thinking about Jason.

Just as you paused to stretch back in your chair, an incoming call rang from your phone. You quickly slid your finger across the screen upon seeing your father's icon,

"Dad?", you spoke, curious as to why he would call you at this time,

"(y/n). I was hoping we could talk, are you busy right now?"

You glanced at the clock on the wall, noting it had just passed twelve,

"No. You actually happened to call at the right time." You gave a weak chuckle,

"I just started my lunch break."

"Then good"

You smiled, tucking the phone between your right shoulder and ear as you pulled out your meal,

"There's been an issue I haven't had the chance to handle. Two-face has gone rogue. As of today, he has kidnapped five attorneys. He plans to murder them. Do you think, you can handle it?"