𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥

Time: 10:29pm

Location: Unknown

A sudden noise startled you.

Your eyes instantly peeled open, examining the walls as you blinked back the exhaustion and sleep deprivation that took over your body.

There were no lights in the room, with the exception being the moonlight.

You tried moving your arm, but as anticipated, you quickly realized you weren't going anywhere. There you sat, tied down to a chair. The ropes around your ankles felt rigid against your skin, but, they weren't tight enough to cause any damage. Even so, a rash would probably spread from just the simple fibers tickling your skin. You let out a breath you weren't aware that you were holding. Peering down, you noted the titanium metal chains hidden by the ropes around your hands.

You sighed.

Jason knew you way better than you thought. Way better.

Glancing around the room, you saw stacks of acidic and toxic chemicals all piled up into one corner. The wind gently caressed the back of your neck. You could clearly distinguish the presence of an opened window behind you. The dusty gigantic mirror in front of you further confirmed your suspicions as curtains continued to whisp behind your figure. Judging by the salty smell in the air, you knew you were in a warehouse, more specifically, located in a port of some sort. Maybe Port Adams? You weren't too sure. Gotham had three islands, with plenty of ports for villains and criminals to dock on. You quickly grew distracted from your thoughts as a sudden numbness began to take over your wrists. Rotating your hands that were pinned behind the chair, you attempted switching them to angle where your nails would be able to rip through the ropes, only to find the sharp assets cut completely off.

Your face quickly distorted in pure distaste and anger. Your nails were resistant to glass and the majority of the metals in the periodic table. So how the fuck did Jason remove them? You sighed, resorting to finding comfort in your chair.

Just as you finished fixing your position, the door beside the mirror opened, revealing your lover, except this time, he wasn't wearing his Arkham Knight helmet. You gulped upon noting his appearance. His posture was attentive, but he slightly slacked the authority he had demonstrated earlier in the day. He looked down at the ground, slowly trailing his eyes aimlessly over your tied hands and legs before locking eyes with your own. He had a stoic, -very serious expression-, on his face, one you wouldn't have been able to decipher, had it not been for the melancholic look in his eyes.

The lowly dimmed room casted shadows around his orbs, allowing them to appear darker with mixed shades of navy and lapis. His hands were clasped behind his back, as he unnervingly took slow-paced steps back and forth in the single space in front of you before slowing down to a pause. Now seeing his face with a clear mind, you noted the slight stubble around his chin and small scars that littered his perfectly sculptured face. At that very moment, it felt like a cloud of knowledge had taken you in, and presented you with a new experience. In the midst of all of your shock and resentment, you had failed to realize that all this time, the man before you wasn't as stable as you had thought. He was a broken man, reflecting on the past and desperately needing help to move over it. Jason's eyebrows etched together in concern as he finally found the urge to speak,

"Are you alright?"

You scoffed, clearly uninterested to converse,

"Do I look alright to you?"

He sighed at your reply, opting to lean against the door he had came through. Crossing his arms, his lips slowly curled into a frown,

"That's not what I meant (y/n)"