𝐈𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Two mindless weeks flew by, with no sign of Jason anywhere.

You never wanted to be the clingy type who always worried, but you couldn't help and think about your relationship.

What relationship did he even have with you?

Yes, he confirmed he wanted to pursue something, but it was brief.  You also kissed him a few times, but never enough like normal couples would.

It felt as if you were holding back on fully pouring out your love and affection for him. And him the same with you.

You just wanted to understand him better.

You just wanted him to secure your love with more communication.

Besides the small moments where he would find you during your patrol hours, you wanted a real conversation with him and not one consisting of the drug lords he had to deal with for the day.

Meanwhile, when you weren't worrying about your beloved, you busied yourself with your jobs,  -which recently consisted of dealing with people like Joker and Deathstroke-. To top it off, your father had been informing you of Jason's public appearances, and how he needed to cover them up. It was difficult explaining to the press where one of Bruce Wayne's sons had been for the past several years, but, you all managed. Your father had the entire family meet with lawyers, in order to restore the papers and certificates under Jason's name. As much as your father didn't want to, he had to do it.

It was to protect you all.

You leaned against the cold wall in the Batcave, quickly clearing your busy thoughts out of your head before placing your black shoes on. Dick thought it would be a good idea to show you new acrobatic moves in the middle of the week. Steading your feet, you quickly ran across the mat and jumped,

"Good landing (Y/N). You didn't fall this time!"

"Fuck you dick", you scowled at your smiling sibling, who was literally holding his stomach from how hard he was laughing. A small smile slowly made its way across your face as you walked with him to the treadmill. You could never hate him when he looked so happy.

"Alright, I need you to run as fast as you can. I want to analyze your cat senses since they've been acting up"

you nodded, positioning your footing, before running. Your legs took off, faster than they had ever carried you before. In confusion, you looked down, examining the way they quickly move. You slowed yourself to a jog, catching your breath before continuing. Glancing over at Dick, you noticed his blue eyes widen at the fast pace you went. He walked forward, looking at the timer,

"(Y/N), can you stop for a moment?"

you slowed your pace down to a jog again before completely stopping. Plopping down on the ground, you reached for the water bottle he handed to you, hastily gulping it down,

"When.. I was running... I felt kinda weird"

Dick furrowed his brows. He continued examined the numbers and calculations that represented your results,

"It seems, you've gotten faster at running..."

You swallowed, patting your face with a small towel,

"You were running at fifteen miles per minute"

You chuckled, not believing a single word,

"That's really funny dick, now let me see my resu-"

You grabbed the clipboard from his hand, eyeing up the calculations. He wasn't lying...

In just five minutes, you ran 75 miles!

How does that even make sense!

You looked up at dick as he looked back at you with the same expression, in disbelief,

"There must've been an error in the system-"

"(y/n), it's not the system. While I watched you run, I timed you myself with my own watch, just to make sure my eyes weren't tricking me. From what I saw, you were moving insanely fast. It seems like all along, your senses weren't failing you, they were developing."

You grabbed at your head, gaping in disbelief,

"Are you serious?"

"Yes"

Dick smiled reassuringly, placing his hands on your shoulders,

"Don't worry. It's not a bad thing. This makes you even stronger than me. And that says a lot"

You chuckled, playfully punching your brother as he faked his wincing,

"I'll let Bruce know about the results. For now, you're free to go"

You nodded, brushing yourself off before walking upstairs. Sure, you acted calm like the situation was nothing, but you couldn't believe it.

You could run so fast!

Glancing at the grey charm you always carried around on your choker, you relaxed. It felt as if the gem made you feel empowered. A sudden thought entered your mind. Maybe just maybe, you could put your senses to use, and possibly pair up with Jason. You could fight together. Who knows! This could possibly influence him...

and create change.

You made a mental note to ask your father soon about what your mother had done to it...

Stepping into your bedroom, you collected your towel before heading off into the shower.

Unbeknownst to you, in the far distance, Jason had other plans in mind for change...

~~~~~~~~

Time: 1:04am
Place: East Gotham

The male sat down in his apartment, placing his head in his hands before contemplating on when to strike at Batman. Jason, of course, still wanted revenge.

As he reloaded his guns, he made a few calls here and there, ringing up some criminals he knew would do anything for the price of money. Organization was key, and by the looks of it, he would be able to get back at bruce in just a few months.

Although he had his plan settled,

He couldn't help but think about you.

His beloved.

What would you think about him if you found out? Sure, it would probably hurt you and damage you to a strong extent, but he thought you could manage.

You were always a strong woman, and ever since his death, you were, even more, stronger now. He brought his cigarette to his lips, taking a long drag as his eyes fluttered closed. Starting from the moment he had been brought back to life, Jason had been wanting to take his hatred out on Bruce.

And that's exactly what he will do.

No matter what.