𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧

Note: The Arkham knight is tied into this one, not fully, but in my version;)

You stepped on the marble-like stair steps, walking down until you reached ground level.

Today was one of the days you got off from work,-which you rarely had-, but as of lately, your father had been needing some help at Wayne Enterprises.

As the oldest and most trusted children, your father allowed you and Dick to carry out meetings,- ones that would be beneficial to the company of course-. Today, a certain meeting had happened to take place that your father, -or dick-, couldn't make it to, leaving it in your hands.

By this point in time, you were walking in the dark. Your meeting started in the evening, leaving you to walk to your car at night.

You brought your maroon-colored coffee cup to your lips, sipping quietly while looking down at your phone. Knowing the direction of your car, you weren't too keen on watching where you went. Even with the criminals that may have been lurking, you were very sure of your surroundings. Being a detective, -and growing up with detectives-, gave you the best skills for security, almost like a sixth sense.

Continuing on your path, you looked at some messages Jason sent you. Your ministrations were cut short when you felt a pair of eyes watching you from deep within an alleyway,

"You shouldn't be walking alone."

You rolled your eyes at the familiar tone, -which loved catching you off guard it seemed-. A silhouette stepped out from the shadows and you locked eyes with a pair of azure glowing orbs you knew way too well,

"Jason."

His jet black hair gently fluttered in the wind, falling over his hauntingly beautiful eyes. It almost matched the black and red suit he sported. Seems like someone had an important occasion today,

"Hey, doll", he spoke. He continued approaching you, a relaxed expression making its way onto his features while his eyes traced over your figure. Just the feeling of his gaze lingering on your form made you blish. It felt like he was looking into your soul.

As much as you wanted to stand there and admire his very attractive appearance, you couldn't. You swerved around him, continuing on your way down the street. Jason looked at you, slightly amazed by the way you ignored him. He sighed before chewing his bottom lip, acknowledging the reason why you were being passive with him. 

For the past month, he hasn't had the chance to talk to you much. A small ting of sadness struck him as he felt bad for not giving you the attention you deserved. The male took a few steps forward, standing directly in front of your form,

"(Y/n), please let me talk to you."

You glanced at him, finally pausing,

"I'm surprised you remembered me! It's been so long since we've talked hasn't it?" you stated sarcastically, and you continued on where you left off, towards your destination. You resisted the urge to crane your head over at him, and opted on thinking about the fact that you'd sent messages time and time again, worried for his safety and security.

"If you mean in person, yeah it has"

He tilted his head, leaning his right arm on the wall and his left one in his pocket. By this point, he had finally managed to block your path. The male settled his determined gaze on you, a hint of sorrow swimming in his orbs,

"Look, 'm sorry for being such a shitty person. I was actually planning on breaking into your apartment, but I wasn't sure if it'd be a good idea"

You pursued your lips, a beautiful smile fighting its way onto your face,