Chapter 16

Ashton came out of the bathroom, looking absolutely perfect, as always. It really wasn't much of a surprise though, since he's literally perfect. Well, to look anyways. Everyone else's opinion didn't matter.

Ashton smiled at Luke, dimples digging into his cheeks. He walked over to the bed, laying down next to the blue eyed boy.

Luke grinned back at his best friend, getting more comfortable on Ashton's bed.

Ashton got under the blankets, sighing softly in content at the immediate warmth. He grabbed his phone, checking the message.

Luke's face fell when he remembered Michael's message to Ashton, making his blood boil.

'Just because he calls me cutie doesn't mean he likes me.'

Ashton texted back, setting his phone down and locking it. He got closer to Luke, shivering slightly as he tried to get more warmth.

"We could like, cuddle.." Luke trailed out, hoping he didn't make everything too awkward, knowing he probably did though.

"To get warm?" Ashton asked softly, heart beating fast in his chest. He really hoped it wasn't just for their own warmth, even though he knew it was.

Luke nodded, giving Ashton a fake smile. "Yeah, to get warm." He lied, not wanting to freak Ashton out by randomly saying they should cuddle.

Ashton's heart fell but he still nodded, getting even closer to Luke. Ashton turned around, burying his face in Luke's chest.

Luke wrapped his arms around Ashton, a little bit stiff because he didn't wanna cross the line, and he was scared that he would.

Ashton soon loosened up though, relaxing in Luke's arms. "So, Ashton. Uh.. Sorry if this is a weird question, but what do you think of when 'perfect boyfriend' is mentioned?"

Ashton shrugged slightly, thinking of an answer to that question. He really wanted to say 'someone that has the name Luke Hemmings' but sadly, he didn't and he couldn't.

"Well.." Ashton started, trying to think of something to say that didn't completely give away his feelings for Luke.

"In my opinion, a perfect boyfriend is someone who always defends you." Ashton murmured, closing his eyes as a smile played out on his features.

"Someone who isn't afraid to be sweet with you, even in front of his best friends."

Luke could completely agree with that, because he absolutely hates guys that are afraid to show their feelings in front of their friends.

"I love when a guy opens the door for someone, and always walks with an arm wrapped around their waist protectively."

Ashton couldn't say he loved when guys do that to him, because he's never even had a boyfriend, but he knows he'll love it.

"Oh! And I absolutely love when a guy lets his romantic side out by sending you cute texts messages or writes you letters, buys you cute little gifts that came from his heart, tells you how much you mean to him every single day, things like that. You know? Basically, a perfect boyfriend to me is one who isn't afraid to be sweet."

Luke nodded understandingly, grinning smugly because he wasn't afraid to be sweet at all, and he did all of those things that Ashton explained.

"I get what you mean. I'm one of those guys that do all of those things."

- l+a -

Ashton woke up in the morning, rubbing his eyes tiredly as they adjusted to the light in the now bright room.

He yawned, covering his mouth before turning, letting Luke's arm that was wrapped around his waist fall loose.

Ashton giggled softly and lazily at the sight of Luke, half of his face smushed into Ashton's white pillow as soft snores escaped.

He grabbed his phone from his nightstand, seeing a message from Michael.

'watever u wanna believe'

Ashton rolled his eyes, texting back.

'Well anyways, me and Luke are just friends. :)'

'For now, but ok ill let you think watever u want'

Ashton scrunched his nose up, really wishing Michael's spelling was accurate when he texted.

Before he could respond, Michael sent another text.

'Srry if u don't wanna tell me, but do u like luke??'

Ashton blushed madly, biting his lip.

'No.'

Michael snorted, shaking his head.

'I won't tell him, I promise'

Ashton took a deep breath, heart beating fast in his chest.

'Promise?'

'I promise.'

'Yes, I have feelings for Luke.'