Chapter 21

EMERSON FINDLAY

I huffed as I looked out of the window of the car. I was sitting in the backseat with Adrian but was not upset with him anymore. according to him, it had taken him long to make it up to me but I thought it was all fine. I chuckled under my breath thinking about how he had made it up by taking me to a nice riverbank. We had made total fools out of ourselves.

From next to me, Adrian's fingers brushed mine and I looked at him, his eyes silently asking to hold my hand. I just smiled and grabbed his into mine and he looked surprised at the initiation. Over the time I spent with him, we sure had grown close. To be honest, it was more relieving than anything. We were now heading to the airport, apparently, to fly off to his father's birthday which I was invited too. I was really overwhelmed that someone else wanted to be in my company when even my own parents had ditched me. But, I had pushed those thoughts away when he had intertwined our hands, silently reassuring me. That he was there for me.

Now that I looked back, I was really lucky to meet someone like Adrian who was so understanding and caring. I never remembered myself smiling so much before I had met him.

Soon, we reached the airport and the driver helped us with unloading our luggage and off we went. After we were done with security checks and boarded in, I realized, there was actually a type of seat even more luxurious than the all-too-famous business class.

"This is the First Class.", he had told me when I asked. "Order whatever you like and might as well take nap. It will be a few hours before we land."

That was the last thing I remembered before slipping into a deep slumber.

I woke after what seemed like hours when an air hostess told me that I needed to wear my belt for the landing. From there on, time went quickly as we got into the car and straight to the hotel. Throughout the time it took for us to reach, Adrian pointed at the most random of things and told me how he wanted to take me there. I just laughed it off. At the surface. But deep down, butterflies fluttered through my entire being. He really wanted to spend so much time with me.

Wanted to take me on dates to amusement parks and quiet libraries. Wanted to look into my eyes and say the most cheesy things I would have ever heard. Just the way he looked at me each time our eyes met, made me feel. Made me think that I really could be of that value to someone. This was a feeling I had never experienced. And a feeling I feared of losing.

When we reached the hotel, I found out that Adrian had kept my words in mind but had also gotten things his way. I had demanded we got separate rooms and he had. Well almost. We did have rooms which had one exit and entry. Just separated into two inside. Also had a living room. Just like a mini apartment.

"Sir, ma'am; this is the key set to your room. Would you like some help with the luggage?" The receptionist quired as she handed over the key card set.

"There will be no need." I smiled. Adrian pulled me with one hand and our luggage carrier with the other. As soon as we got into the elevator and its door shut, it was dead silent. He has his back to me, and I was near the fancy mirror on the other side of the box. Within the blink of an eye, I was cornered by him, both his hands on each side of my head. My heart was pounding as I stared into his eyes. I was not wearing my spectacles. Hence, I felt totally bare in front of him. It might be stupid but that was what I felt.

His eyes were glazed over. Our faces were so close that we were sharing a breath. His just as shaky as mine. I gulped as I looked into his eyes, the darkest of the blues, they were like transparent ink. They were literally twinkling as one of his hands travelled down to my waist and grabbed me. All the air left me as I stared at him with my eyes bulging. I could feel my heart pumping at the speed of the airplane we had just travelled in. As he inched closer, I closed my eyes slowly, trying to take in the feeling.

But, instead of a sensation on the lips, I felt his feather-soft lips on my collarbone.

.............

So guys. How are y'all dealing with staying at home??

Good news : I'm going to finish this book by this week as I had been busy earlier.

Please show love and support 🥰