Chapter 8

EMERSON FINDLAY

The next morning, I was woken up, not by the sound of my alarm, but by the sound of running water from the bathroom. My eyes sprang open, as wide as saucers. Shoot. There was someone in my bathroom who was maybe planning my murder. I shot up and looked around. The first thing I realized was that this was not my room. I was at Jonz's house. Sure. But not in my room.

However, the fact that I was alone at home didn't help at all. I wanted to scream my head off but, my brain was quick enough to stop me from doing anything idiotic. I wore my glasses that were on the desk and roamed my eyes through the shelf. There was a selfie stick in there.

I gripped it upside down with both my hands for dear life and slowly tried the bathroom's doorknob. It was open.

How dumb could a criminal be? I thought as I slowly opened the door. Adrenaline rushed through me as I saw a half-naked man standing in front of me.

This time, I screeched at the top of my lungs and as a response, I heard a very shrill shriek that I couldn't believe belonged to the person in front of me. I hadn't realized but my eyes were shut. Because of watching too many crime-thrillers, the next thing I expected was a knife to my throat or something like that.

When no such thing happened, I slowly opened my eyes to see Adrian standing in front of the bathroom sink, without a shirt on. He was stunned to see me too.

As the water was still running, I said, "Can you close that tap." I gulped and continued, "Too much water is getting wasted." He looked at me as if I had just spoken gibberish that was beyond his understanding.

So, I leaned towards the sink, right in between his naked chest and the tap and closed it myself. "Are you crazy?! Who shouts at the top of their lungs first thing in the morning. You shocked the shit out of me.", he screamed, as if finally finding words to describe how he was feeling.

"I'm sorry.", I murmured but then realized that I should be the one shouting at him right now. Hence, I shouted, "What the heck do you think you are doing in my bathroom?" He frowned.

"You don't remember anything, do you?", he asked. "What are you talking about?" I frowned too.

He was still standing there without a shirt which I did not know why, and was making me feel very very... weird. My cheeks felt warm as I said, "Can you please put on a shirt."

"No.", He spat his curt reply.

"What? Why?"

He explained, "Because I have to get fresh; take a bath before that." In a deadpan as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Okay", I said, coming to terms with the reasoning, "But, be quick." He nodded and I turned to get out of the bathroom. Behind me, he sighed.

"Emerson. Wait." He called me and I turned around.

He came close and instinctively, I took steps away from him. My breathing was erratic. Suddenly, he bent down and caught me off guard. "Take this with you.", he said as he handed me the selfie stick. "Oh," I said.

I took it from him and finally exited the bathroom. As I sat on the bed as my head started pounding. Soon, my stomach started aching and my head started spinning. I realized what was happening as I pounded on the bathroom door. It was locked.

After a minute, he opened the door, "What do---" I didn't let him complete as I pushed his naked chest and made my way to the toilet. Within a second, I was puking my stomach out. I cringed as my throat and mouth continued to hurt.

He had taken all my hair away from my face. After that, he flushed and helped me reach the sink to clean myself up. "Do you have an aspirin?", he asked.