"You seem famished," a familiar voice said, coming from behind me. 

I quickly spun around to see West standing there.

"West, you scared me," I said, placing down my plate of food. 

Opening my arms, I gave him a welcoming hug.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. You look beautiful by the way," he said as he sipped on his glass of wine. 

"Thank you West. You don't look too shabby," I said, earning a chuckle from him. 

"Well thank you. How have you been," he asked.

Just as I was about to answer, my phone started ringing. Looking at the screen, it was Cyen calling me. 

"I think Cyen is looking for me. Why don't you come and sit with us," I said before picking up the call. 

"Hello," I said as I answered. 

"Did you get lost, Tesoro," Cyen said as he chuckled. 

"Yea right, I'm coming," I said as I rolled my eyes at his statement. 

As we were walking over to the table, we were having a full on conversation when I was noticed Vanessa at the other side of the room. She was animatedly talking to a couple who had their back to me. 

I was about to just ignore her presence and enjoy my night when I recognized the couple talking to her. To my surprise, Vanessa was comfortably having a conversation with Cyen's parents. 

"Hey, what's wrong," West said as he shook my arm almost causing my plate of food to fall. 

Looking at him, I shot him a small smile before reassuring him that I was fine. 

The night went on as West and Cyen kept glaring each other while I was eating and overthinking over the fact that Vanessa was talking to Cyen's parents. 

I can't help the constant suspicion clouding my mind as I replayed the situation. 

"I'll be right back," I told Cyen who was swirling his drink.

Walking to the washroom, I let my eyes travel throughout the room, unconsciously looking for the bitch who I used to be best friend with. 

"Why do I care? I just feel like I want some closure about whatever happened. Or am I just expecting her to apologize and admit that she was being a bitch about everything," I thought to myself as I entered the washroom. 

After relieving my bladder, I went to wash my hands when I noticed the reflection of Vanessa in the mirror. 

She had her arms crossed across her chest, with a grin on her face. 

"Hi Nessa,"I said nonchalantly with a straight face. 

"Blair, isn't it nice to see you here," she said sarcastically as she gave me an evil smile. 

"Well I can't say the same," I said as I just rolled my eyes. 

"Whatever. So I never knew you would turned to adultery. Look at you keeping West Fitzgeralt and your husband close," she said as she smirked. 

Scoffing, I dried my hands before turning my back to her, ready to leave.

All my life, how could I not see the vile person she was. I guess I was never the one being criticized by her but now being here, I realized what a petty person she was.  

"Look at you running away. Isn't that what's you're best at doing," she said before  snickering. 

At this point, I felt my blood start boiling with my right hand clenched into a tight fist.