Chapter 8

If you could make any mythical creature be real, which one would you choose?

Blair's POV

"You look out of this world, Love," dad said as I walked downstairs. I gave him a sweet smile. "Thanks daddy. Mommy picked this dress for me," I said as I sat beside my dad.

"Why haven't you worn your heels yet, honey," mom asked me as she saw me holding the heels. "I have my slides on, mom. I'll put the heels on when we are almost there," I said. Mom looked at me and just shook her head. We then made our way to the car.

After talking for about half an hour, we finally got to the Niarchos mansion. As we pulled up the driveway, I was instantly blown away by the immense mansion in front of us. "Who needs such a big mansion," I thought to myself.

We got out of the car and I saw the line up of fancy cars along the driveway

We got out of the car and I saw the line up of fancy cars along the driveway. "Well, extra much," I said as I chuckled. We made our way inside and were immediately on welcomed by Sean and Aveline.

"Blair, you look breathtaking," Aveline said as she gave me a brief hug, followed by Sean. "Thank you Aveline, you look amazing as well," I said as I looked at her beautiful teal dress.

"You did a great job with the security. I haven't seen any paparazzi outside," dad said as he shook Sean's hand. They both continued talking as they made their way to a table.

After a while, mom and dad went ahead and socialised while I just wanted to sit and enjoy my drink. "I can't believe that you came to an event," I heard a familiar voice coming from behind me. 

I turned and saw my dear beloved cousin standing there. "Stephan," I squeal as I gave him a hug. "I thought you didn't like going to parties," he said as he took a seat next to me. "Well the Niarchos wanted me to come so here I am," I said as I absentmindedly scrolled through my instagram. 

"Well anyways I wanted to let you know that your best friend was all up on me again," he said. I slapped my forehead and sighed. "I'm sorry. She can be very clingy sometimes," I said as I thought about how persistent she was when she first met Stephan. 

"Why are you even friends with her," Stephan said as he rolled his eyes. "Anyways so my dear brother, would you mind keeping me company for the rest of the party," I said as I looked at him with my puppy eyes. "You don't need to use those eyes on me," Stephan groaned as he sipped on his scotch. I couldn't help but giggle at his reaction. 

"Blair honey," mom said as she walked up to us, accompanied by other women. Just before she reached me and Stephan, Stephan nudged me. "I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back," he said. I quickly caught his arm. "Stephan, don't leave me. Look my mom is bringing people to talk to me,"  I whispered to him. "I'll be right back. I really need to pee," he said. "Just hold it," I said with pleading eyes but he already started walking away. "Traitor," I said to myself. 

"Ladies, I would like you to meet my daughter, Blair," mom said as soon as she came next to me. I gave them all a smile. "It's nice to meet you," I said. Just then, Aveline made her way towards us. "Blair, Cyen is asking for you in the study. Come, I'll take you there," she said as I started following her.