Chapter 1

Check out my other books which are already completed.

Blair's POV

The beautiful colors in the sky is always such a comforting view when driving back home. The roads were so lively with cars going back and fourth. Sometimes I really hate the traffic on the way back. I am truly looking forward to have a nice warm bath.

Besides, work has been pretty hectic today but I am not complaining. That is all the responsibility that comes with being the president of a company. My father, Blayze Lennox, is the owner and CEO of Lennox Cooperation. Lennox Cooperation is a reputable tech company that was passed on to my father by my grandfather, Jefferey Lennox. My grandfather is now retired and spending his time with my grandmother on exotic islands.

About fifteen minutes later, I finally pulled up in my driveway. Getting out of the car, I was welcomed by Brad, our butler, who was standing at the door. "Hello Brad, where are my parents," I asked him as I got in the house.

"Well Ms. Blair they are in your father's study. Would you like me to make you something to drink or eat," Brad asked me. "I'll come downstairs in thirty minutes and can you make me a chocolate smoothie, please," I said and he nodded.

I made my way upstairs to my father's study where I heard them talking. "What do you mean they want Blair to marry their son," I heard my mom said angrily. I frown as I heard that sentence.

"Honey, I know that's absurd. I would never want that to happen. But the Niarchos emphasized on this condition or else they won't be buying Lennox Cooperation," dad said sounding frustrated.

How could I not know that our company is being sold? I work with my dad and I never knew that this was going on. That is just unbelievable.

"Blayze how could you even consider this offer? At this point I don't care that we go bankrupt. We just cannot play with the life of our daughter like that," mom said sobbing. "Stop crying mi amore. I will try and find another buyer. I won't even mention it to Blair that we are going bankrupt yet. I'll find a solution," dad said as his voice breaks.

What is going on? What should I do? Coming back home from work, this was the last thing that I could have thought that would have happened. I thought that this was going to be just a normal Tuesday evening.

I should just go inside and ask them what's going on. Taking a deep breath, I pushed the door open to see dad consoling mom. "Oh sweetie you are home. Do you want something to eat," mom said as she quickly wiped her tears away.

"Mommy, daddy can you please tell me what is happening," I asked them without beating around the bush. I saw dad rubbing his forehead as he sat in his armchair. "Blair what are you talking about? Nothing is happening," dad said as he gave me a weak smile.

"Daddy I heard you guys talking. Can you explain to me what is happening," I said as I saw dad sigh. "Okay then honey take a seat," he said and I did as I was told. "Well Blair the past few months, things have been a bit complicated. We found out that someone was stealing from inside the company and we incurred way too much loss for us to be able to fix all the damage caused. So we are searching for a buyer who is interested to buy Lennox Cooperation," dad said as he looked down.

"Did you guys find who it was and how is it that I don't know anything about this," I asked as I was truly shocked at the new piece of information. "We couldn't find anything because we had to fire a lot of people already. That kind of interfered with everything and now we have no leads. And Honey I asked everyone to not let you know anything. I'm sorry," dad said.

"What about the marriage thing," I asked dad. He looked at me with his widened eyes. "You don't have to worry about that honey. We will never ask you to marry someone you don't know," dad said quickly.

"Okay daddy but what was the proposition that they had," I asked him as I stroked his hand. "The Niarchos are interested in the company because we already have a very good name in the country. They are even willing to pay a lot more than we are asking. Since we are desperate to sell the company, they now have a condition that you should get married to the eldest son, Cyen Niarchos," dad said as mom rubbed his back.

"I'll do it, daddy," I said. Mom and dad looked at me in shock. "No you are not. I can't let you do that," dad said as he shook his head. "Dad with the money we can invest in other things and get back on track instead of facing the bankruptcy. Please let me do it," I said as I saw dad holding his head with both of his hands.

"Honey always remember you can say no to this whenever you feel like, okay," dad said as he looked at me. I nodded as he stroked my cheek with his thumb. "Blair you don't need to do it if you don't want to," mom said as she gave me a hug. I nodded as I leaned into her.

"Why don't we have dinner together? I'll take a quick shower and I'll join you downstairs," I said and both of them agreed. I then quickly made my way out of there and into my room.

"I need to do this for mom and dad," I whispered to myself as I made my way to my bathroom

"I need to do this for mom and dad," I whispered to myself as I made my way to my bathroom. Seriously though, my day made a whole one eighty in a matter of minutes. "Just went from hopelessly single pringle to marrying a stranger. Anyways it's all going to be worth it in the end," I said to myself.

"Do I talk to myself too much? Do I have a problem," I said to myself as I laugh. Well at least I'm laughing despite being in this situation. There must be something wrong with me.

A few minutes later, I was all done showering and already got into some comfortable clothes. The shower definitely helped me relax and clear my thoughts. For now I should try and get my parents, especially my dad, to relax and not think about this matter.

I am genuinely scared that his health might deteriorate because he tend to take a lot of stress when it comes to things like this. It's time I take things into my own hands and fix them. Dad has always done everything for me and mom has always been by my side. It's time I do what is right for my family.

With the amount of money the Niarchos will be paying us, it will be enough for us to invest in a new patent and develop it. Or we could just make fancy restaurant chains. We will get through this. I'll do this for my family. I'll do whatever it takes to make my parents happy.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys. I hope that you liked this first chapter.

If you have any questions or suggestions for upcoming chapters please feel free to comment.

Also make sure to let me know how you find this chapter.

I hope that you like this new book and show your support.

-Love Mokshda