Chapter 27

What is your ultimate life goal?

Blair's POV

Pushing the door open, I was instantly greeted by the humid air. I slid out of my car and immediately made my way towards the intimidating building standing tall in front of me. 

I walked through the lobby, greeting people on my way with a welcoming smile

I walked through the lobby, greeting people on my way with a welcoming smile. It has somehow become kind of a routine for me to drop by Cyen's office for the past few weeks and I must say, I don't mind where things are going. 

Getting into the private elevator, I couldn't help the smile playing on my lips as I waited patiently to reach the top floor. 

Hearing the ring of the elevator, I watched the doors slide open and I made my way in. As I looked around, Madisson, Cyen's secretary was no where in sight. 

"She must be on her lunch break," I thought to myself. 

Just as I started making my way to Cyen's office, the door went wide open and out of there emerged the person that I least expected. 

There she was, Vanessa. She was oblivious of my presence as she was combing her hair with her finger and smoothing out her skirt. 

I waited as she finally looked up and noticed me. 

"Oh look who it is," she said as she grinned. 

"What are you doing here, Vanessa," I asked her, watching her fix her blouse. 

I couldn't help all the crazy assumptions running wild in my mind at the moment. 

"I was just in the area so I just thought why not just drop by... I must say it's nice to see you, Mrs Niarchos," she said as she got closer to me. 

"I can't seem to reciprocate," I said with my arms across my chest. 

"Oh honey, you should drop the frown. That must be why you are getting those ugly wrinkles," she said as she cupped my face with her hand. 

I sucked in a sharp breath as I tried my best not to explode. 

"Anyways, I better get going," she said, before swiftly walking away.

As I watched her waltz away, I could feel my blood boiling. 

"What was she doing here," I asked myself.

Shaking my head,I came out of my thoughts and started walking towards the big wooden doors. 

Pushing the doors open, I saw Cyen sitting at his desk. 

"How's the restaurant," he asked as he noticed me. 

At this point, I was feeling so conflicted. I was observing his every move and it seemed as if Vanessa was never here. 

"Okay, what's wrong? ... Come on, spit it out," he said as he shut his laptop and giving me all his attention. 

"Do you have anything to tell me," I asked him as I sat opposite to him.