" Where's Amaan?" She asked.

" He's with Aunty Marena, she assisted to watch over him for tonight." I stated.

" Hm." My nine months expecting woman turned before she sat up, a hiss escaping from her lips.

I straightened the pillow behind her amd noticed the IV detached and the bag gone. The nurse must've done it while I slept.

Amal's eyes shined and a grin stretched her lips as she glanced at the roses and pulled them in her lap.

" They're very beautiful." She said holding on my collar and pecking my cheek.

I grinned.

" They checked all vitals in the afternoon and by the grace of our Allah, everything was completely fine." She informed, playing with the petals.

" You scared me." I gulped sitting before her on the bed.

Leaning toward her, I cupped her cheek. Her black wavy hair falling around her shoulders.

" Why?" She asked softly, her voice a whisper. Her grey eyes searching my charcoal ones. I caressed her soft skin, the fear around my heart coiling tightly.

" I thought-- I was going to lose you." She let out a breath and kept her hand over mine on her face. Before leaning an inch closer.

" How could I leave you, when your love and duas won't let anything happen to me, then how could I-" Tears brimmed in her eyes, mirroring mine and I wrapped my arms around her.

" Don't ever scare me like this ever again." I hissed against her warm body.

" I won't." She murmured.

When night fell upon the land, the lights dimmed on the hospital floor and silence fell around. Amal was fast asleep again, wearing the medications off.

Earlier, the doctor had said that we could go home and return on the appointed date. A young physiotherapist had also came in, revising exercises to Amal in case she felt any pain.

I stared at my wife as she stirred before opening her eyes.

" Dinner time, sleepy head." I joked seeing her smile.

" I want to go home." She said stretching her arms.

" I want to take you home." I flashed a smile at her.

A nurse came in ready to help Amal and I walked out to clear the bills at the reception. When I walked back inside, my wife was all ready in her maternity dress, her hair tied neatly and a light lipstick on her lips.

She smiled at me, as I stared at her. Even being heavily pregnant and standing in a hospital room, she still was the most beautiful woman for me. And I couldn't dare take my eyes off her.

" Janaan-" I held her hand and brought my lips to her knuckles, kissing them.

" Let's go" I added.

When we left the room, the nurses all grinned our way and flashed us winks making Amal's cheek go pink as she hid in my chest. As I shrugged off my blazer and draped it over her shoulders. Apparently, in these three days, the nurses told us a thousand times a day that we were the most adorable couple of the month. And geez-

I chuckled as I pressed for the elevator. Stroking Amal's back.

When we sat in the car, deafening silence boomed around us.

" Janaan-" I called out.

She turned to me before sighing and sinking in her seat. Her hands resting on her baby bump.